Dynamic Watch Face is a watch face for Android Wear watches running Android 5.0 and above. It's an analogue watch face, but it will work with either square or round watches and it's more than just a pretty face. Modelled after classic watches, Dynamic Watch Face features three separate circles on the watch face that can be configured for different things. These include your step count, the weather, your watch's battery, your phone's battery or a combination of both. Through the companion app, you can choose any combination of these as well as change a cast array of options that change the overall look and feel of the watch. So, let's take a closer look, shall we?
To get your hands on Dynamic Watch Face, you'll need to download it from the Play Store here. After that, you just need to head on over to your Android Wear settings and choose Dynamic Watch Face from the list.
You can see it's there with the name RichFace above it (that's the name of the developer, and have a ton of other faces on offer as well). There's a ton of settings you can choose to change as well.
You can see the settings for the different indicators, and you're able to choose whichever combination you like for these three indicators.
There's a lot of flexibility when it comes to how the actual face looks, too.
There are also a few different themes as well as the ability to change the color to whatever you want.
That's enough of what it can do, let's see what it looks like shall we? Here's a look at the watch face on my original G Watch:
There's a neat little mode called 'full ambient' which puts more of the watch face on your watch when it's in ambient mode, here's a look at that:
My old G Watch doesn't quite give the watch face justice, but it looks great on the Moto 360.
RichFace has also recently added GoogleFit interaction into their watch faces like Dynamic Watch Face and you can find out more information from their website.
Dyanmic Watch Face is a pretty great watch face and while I wish there was a free version to try the app out you did get a lot for your money. Being able to change the colors of the face, the overall look as well as the information that show up is pretty great, and the changes are all instant, and I never had a single issue with the app that's used to change things and the fit and finish is of a high quality. There are lots of other watch faces from RichFace that you can experiment with as well, and they all look great. I'm not fond of analogue watch faces, but then again I don't own a round Android Wear device. Those with Moto 360s or G Watch Rs will make the most of this watch face and I'm sure it'll make people's watches really stand out.
- Speed (4/5) - There's nothing to complain about here, there are no speed issues here at all.
- Features (4/5) - Dynamic Watch Face has a lot of settings to change and it's really flexible too, giving users a lot of options to change how it looks and what information is displayed.
- Theme (5/5) - This might not appeal to everyone, but those looking for a face with lots of info, a stylish look and something to really make the most of a round watch, then this is a good option.
- Overall (4/5) - Dynamic Watch Face is a great watch face for those looking for something more professional without having to sacrifice on looks.
- Good-looking watch face with a number of different looks and colors to it make this a flexibile watch face.
- Three indicators can show the weather, your battery levels and your step count. The combination of which is up to you.
- Easy to use and versatile companion app changes settings instantly.
- Works well on either square or round watch faces.
- No free version to try out before you pay for the full version.
- Doesn't look too nice on square watches, but there are other watch faces from RichFace that will suit better.
Dynamic Watch Face is not going to please everyone, a watch face can't really promise such a thing, but this is one of the best round watch faces out there. While it could be considered a little too pricey, there are a lot of options available to tweak and play around with here, and it displays useful information right there on your wrist.