Zombie Terminator is an arcade style side-scrolling shoot 'em up for Android that takes place long after mankind has fallen and the earth has fell to Zombies and other mutants. It's up to you to try and take some of the Earth back from the horrible undead and hopefully pave the way for a future where mankind can rule the Earth again. There are two different weapon types in the game, melee and ranged guns, with both offering a number of different types as you spend more of your earned money in the game. There's a wide variety of levels on offer as well and there's a lot to unlock and level up over time. So, is Zombie Terminator just another Zombie game or is it something more than that?
The first thing you need to do is to download Zombie Terminator from the Play Store and then you can watch an opening movie of sorts.
You're then sort of thrust into the game and introduced to the simple control scheme.
Once you've been through the tutorial, you can go ahead and choose from one of the levels to play through. When you land in an area, you're given a run down of things to do in order to score three-stars rating, which is a nice way of giving players something to work toward.
The hack and slash gameplay here is a lot of fun and thanks to the controls being really quite easy to get to grips with, it's challenging and fluid at the same time. It's certainly a little bit retro as well, invoking memories of playing games like Streets of Rage from the 90s, and that's definitely not a bad thing.
It's hard to capture all the action in a screenshot while playing, but there are some really cool attacks like the ultimate skill when your medicine bottle at the top is full.
There's also a whole host of different weapons and unlocks that you have access to as well, giving you a lot of variety when playing through the levels.
As well as this, there are some cool collectables like the Man of Steel item and more.
When talking about Zombie Terminator, it's clear that we have a shoot 'em up game on our hands that isn't afraid to try and get a little real money out of people. However, it is good fun and if you're a fan of hack and slash games, then this is going to be a lot of fun for you. The controls are easy to get to grips with and there's very little that's going to stand in your way when you want to just pick up and play. Having said that, I do wish that it was easier to unlock weapons and purchase ammo, I can see a point a lot of players will reach quite quickly where they need to pay for more ammo and such using real money. Of course the choice is still theirs. All-in-all, I had a good deal of fun with the game and it's definitely something I would come back to time and time again.
- Speed (4/5) – The game runs smoothly on my devices, for the most part, and the pacing is fluid, too.
- Features (4/5) – A good combination of a lot of different features all round into one, there's a lot to like about Zombie Terminator.
- Theme (4/5) – The graphics here are well done and there's a definite sort of Anime feel to them, without things going too far in that direction. Animations are good and sound effects are good as well.
- Overall (4/5) – Zombie Terminator is a fun, arcade style side scrolling beat 'em up and it's got a wide variety of levels, enemies and weapons to keep players busy for a long time to come.
- Controls are nice and simple to get to grips with and easy to take down a lot of enemies.
- Strong boss battles at the end of the levels give a good challenge to players and remind them of oldschool games.
- Lots of weapons and unlocks available to collect as people power through the many levels.
- Good game to play regularly with daily rewards and more to keep players coming back time after time.
- Didn't work on my Nexus 9 and I hope this isn't the case for all Lollipop devices.
- Does feel a little pushy where in-app purchases are concerned.
A fun and classic shoot 'em up, Zombie Terminator has a lot going for it, and I'm sure that a lot of players might find it hard to put down after short periods of time. Hopefully, the English translation will get better over the coming months, but there's already enough here for anyone to pick it up and give it a go. It's easy to play, fluid and a lot of fun for those looking for an arcade style game.