One of the cool things about owning the PlayStation 4 and a Sony smartphone or tablet is the fact that you can play your PS4 from your phone or tablet without using the TV. And you can actually do it away from home as well. Although it's not a good idea to do it on mobile data if you don't have unlimited data. It's quite easy to get Remote Play setup on your Xperia Z3, or Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact. In this how to we'll be using the Xperia Z3, but it should work the same on just about any recent Sony Xperia smartphone or tablet.
- First you'll need to download the Remote Play app from the Play Store.
- You'll need your DualShock 4 controller as well.
- Now open the app
- Next go into Settings > View Controller Guide > Register
- It'll tell you to push the PS button and the Share button together until you get the blinking white light. The controller needs to be off first, or else it won't work.
- It should connect without any issues.
- Now it's time to pair your smartphone with your PS4. To do this you'll need to first make sure they are both on the same WiFi network.
- Your smartphone should find the PS4 automatically, but if for some reason it doesn't, you can use the PIN number.
- That's about it, actually.
Now you are free to play your PlayStation 4 on your Xperia Z3 (or other Sony mobile device). It's actually really awesome. But I'd only recommend it if you have a fast internet connection. I have a 125mbps down and 24mbps up (Comcast) connection and I saw a bit of lag, but it was still playable. Although I could probably eliminate it if I turned down the quality to normal instead of having it on High.
So that's how you set up Remote Play on your Xperia Z3, or any other Sony Mobile device. Hit up the comment below and let us know what games you're playing right now.