There are a great number of apps available for Android that promise to speed up your device, give you some of your storage space back and just make your phone feel brand new again. DU Speed Booster is one of those apps and it's been around for some time now. Here, we're taking a look at the latest version of the app which makes it easy to claim your storage space back, speed up your phone with a one-touch boost as well as manage the apps and games that you have installed. It can help you move apps to your SD card, clean your RAM and give your phone a speed boost whenever you want. Let's take a closer look and see whether or not it's something for you.
You just need to download DU Speed Booster from the Play Store and open it up to get started.
The main menu you can see above is full of quick sections to help you make the most of your smartphone. The accelerator feature is an interesting one that can help boost your overall score listed above. The accelerator feature analyzes how much RAM you're using and such and then gives you some suggestion once it's finished running.
The accelerator works well, but for those just looking for a hassle free boost, just hit the main button and everything will be automated for you, you'll be given a report of what's happened as well as your new score of 100 points.
I don't like that DU Speed Booster goes ahead and kills all running apps and stops certain apps from auto-starting as default behavior when you hit the one-touch optimizer. Apps that you kill currently running will just reopen fairly quickly afterwards and some of the apps I have auto-start when I open up my phone I rely on. Still, for the average user or those using a lower-end device, this will be a big help. Having said that, you can also choose which apps are exempt from this process, so this a little control here to make sure that the apps you want open, stay open.
The Trash Cleaner feature on the other hand, is something I really liked. I enjoy keeping my devices clean of junk files and unused apps and folders. Here, you're also given some control over what is and isn't deleted, too.
This is also a nice opportunity to show off the animations and overall Sci-Fi theme of the app, which I actually quite liked.
An excellent feature I really liked, and I'm sure users that aren't rooted are really going to love is the ability to choose more than one app at a time to uninstall. Sure, you still have to OK each uninstall one after the other, but that's still much easier than the stock Android option that's for sure.
With the App Manager, you can also manage APKs on your device, like deleting those you're no longer using or installing them. As well as that, you can also take the opportunity to move apps to your SD card if they're compatible.
All-in-all, DU Speed Booster does what many other apps on Android do as well. However, it fulfills these features to a much higher standard and packs them all into one app for ease of use. I liked the overall look and feel of the app, even if it did feel a little bit like an iOS 8 app, it still looked good. For me, I enjoyed being able to perform a health check on pretty much every aspect of my device. I could uninstall more than one app at a time, I can check to see how my WiFi or 4G connection is doing with the speed test, clean up trash files on my device's storage and more. Of course, the one-touch boost was a nice feature as well, but I'm always a little skeptical of killing all running apps for them to open again in the background, still lower-end devices will get a nice boost that's for sure. With all of the features I'd like in an app like this, DU Speed Booster is the one that I'll keep on my device to keep things ticking along smoothly.
- Speed (4/5) - The app itself runs nice and smoothly and I never came across any issues.
- Features (5/5) - This ticks every box going, and then some. You can easily get your phone feeling like new again, take back some of your storage space and more.
- Theme (4/5) - With a unique space sort of theme, DU Speed Booster is a fun-looking app and one that has a nice feel to it as well.
- Overall (4/5) - A great app that runs well, has been produced to a high level of polish and one that can really breath some life back into a device you've had for a while, DU Speed Booster is worth having installed on your device.
- Excellent variety of features to keep an eye on your phone, it's more than just a boost app that's for sure.
- Works well on both smartphones as well as tablets and it's a good-looking app, too.
- Ability to uninstall more than one app at a time is a real time saver for a lot of users.
- Great app for those using lower-end hardware that feel their devices just aren't up to scratch.
- Killing apps in memory is fine, but they're only just going to be reopened moments later.
- Apps like Android Wear and fitness tracker apps should be exempt from scans as they could cause issues when closed.
Overall, there's a lot on offer with DU Speed Booster and it's an app that has many, many features on hand. It's an all-rounder full of tools to uninstall apps, make the most of your storage space, give your phone a boost and keep things running smoothly on your device. A well-polished product that many already have installed, it's hard to argue with everything that DU Speed Booster has on offer.