Anti Enemy Truck is a 3D action-driving game from the same creator of the Container Truck games, but this time it's all about mayhem and destroying your enemies than carrying cargo from A to B. In Anti Enemy Truck, you drive a heavily-armored car loaded with machine guns and cannons that you can use to take out the enemy vehicles roaming around the ruins of cities. Each level puts you an open world of sorts, with roads and fields to navigate using tilt controls and a big, red fire button. A game designed to be more action-packed than the Container Truck games while at the same time offering a lot onscreen, Anti Enemy Truck is a game that provides reckless fun for its players. Let's take a closer look.
As always, you'll need to head on over to the Play Store to download Anti Enemy Truck. Once you have done you can start playing.
When you start a level, you'll be placed in the middle of a ruined city with the goal to hunt down and destroy enemy vehicles.
When you come across enemy vehicles, you can just hit the fire button and let the game aim for you, but it's a good idea to be pointing in the same direction for maximum damage.
Some of the enemy vehicles drop gold, while others will drop health, you'll need to collect these health packs to refill your health bar found at the top-left corner of the display.
You can use the gold collected from enemies to purchase rockets and ammo for the car.
The rockets definitely come in handy in later levels, where things get kind of hairy as you come across multiple enemies and such.
Anti Enemy Truck is a lot of fun, the 3D graphics are pretty decent and while things are definitely rough around the edges, it's an enjoyable experience. The controls are nice and straightforward and the tilt controls really aren't that difficult to get used to. It's clear that there needs to be some higher-resolution assets used here, as on a tablet menu items and such can start to look quite blurry. Having said that, the 3D gameplay did look good and it ran nice and smoothly on my Nexus 9. It's an arcade style game that's fun to just pick up and play and while I do wish that there were some settings to adjust the sensitivity of the tilt controls they're good overall. The gunfire is decent, although the sound effects lack that "oomph" you'd find elsewhere. I was pretty happy with the overall experience here, but it's clear that there's need of some polish here.
- Speed (4/5) – Anti Enemy Truck ran fine for me on my tablet and the gameplay is smooth, too.
- Features (4/5) – A fun, arcade style game that should be a decent option for those that love cars and action movies. It's fun and easy to play.
- Theme (3.5/5) – The gameplay graphics are good, but the menu items and such really needs some work, especially on higher-resolution devices.
- Overall (4/5) – Despite some rough edges, it's hard to deny that Anti Enemy Truck is a fun game, it's got destruction, cars and fun tilt controls to boot.
- Tilt controls are easy to get to grips with, and aren't too sensitive.
- Easy to fire at enemies and the rockets are quite satisfying when fired.
- The small open worlds you drive around through are good fun, and make hunting enemy vehicles that much more fun.
- Decent 3D graphics for an independent game.
- Menu items look blurry and low-resolution when playing on a tablet.
- Level environments feel familiar after a little while.
Anti Enemy Truck isn't exactly a shining Triple A mobile title from Gameloft, but that shouldn't really matter. The game is good fun, and while the menu items do let the overall look and feel down, the 3D graphics are good, the controls work well and it's a good game overall. I enjoyed driving around looking for my next victim and having to collect health to keep going, rather than regenerating health used in so many games these days was a nice retro touch. A good bit of fun, it's hard to deny that Anti Enemy Truck is anything but good fun.