Description: Space Shuttle Flight is an Android game that puts you in control of, you guessed it, a Space Shuttle. The aim of the game is to keep this Space Shuttle out of harm's way by gradually adjusting the shuttle's flight path either to the left, or to the right. Rather than just a game that puts in control of the Space Shuttle's flight, there are dynamic events that effect the asteroids and meteors, changing the predictability of gameplay and keeping things fresh. With some quality 3D graphics and atmospheric sound effects, Space Shuttle Flight sounds like a Sci Fi fan's dream. Read on to see how Space Shuttle Flight shapes up.
How it Works: To journey into space with Space Shuttle Flight, you need to download the game from the Play Store. After that, you can just get going. You might be asked to sign into Google Play Games, as well.
The controls are really quite simple, all you need to do is touch the right side of the display to move the opposite way and the same is true to move the other way. You quickly get used to it.
You can't hit the meteors or come too close to the edge, as you'll end up coursing your shuttle to crash. However, if you only clip a wing, you will repair it after a little while, and you'll see a fire on your wing as shown below.
When you're running through space, you'll come across the sun and some solar flares that blast meteors in different directions that can be a real problem to look out for.
Opinion: I'm a big fan of games that test a player's skill, rather than simply present simple challenges and throw gratifying graphics at them. Space Shuttle Flight is an Android game that relies on skill, and little else. You need to feel how much your shuttle will move left or right at a moment's touch and you need to keep an eye on the speed of incoming asteroids and where they are entering your space from as well. It looks good, and while I wish there were some music, the sound effects are atmospheric and the 3D graphics do look nice. It's definitely fairly simple, but it's somewhat addictive and it can be a lot of fun when looking to kill time or for longer sessions to beat your score.
- Speed (4/5) – Space Shuttle Flight has a decent pace to it and it runs really well on my devices.
- Features (4/5) – While it's pretty simple, Space Shuttle Flight is definitely not a boring game and there's enough here to keep me entertained.
- Theme (3.5/5) – This is an atmospheric game and it does look good, I just wish that there were some added music or a little more going on while flying through space.
- Overall (4/5) – A fun game that Sci Fi fans and casual gamers will find fun and challenging, Space Shuttle Flight is easy to get grips with and well worth a try.
- No complicated controls to get to grips with, you just touch left or right and that's pretty much it.
- Dynamic events like solar flares change the playing field when charging ahead.
- Good-looking 3D graphics help create a nice atmosphere and it feels like you're in space.
- Simple and easy to use and free to play, Space Shuttle Flight is good for all ages.
- No background music that I could hear.
- More dynamic events would be nice to see in order to spice things up.
Conclusion: Space Shuttle Flight was a good deal of fun and the time I spent with it was almost relaxing. This is a nice departure from the bloodshed and spinning wheels that seems to be all over Android games these days. For fans of more exciting games, Space Shuttle Flight might not impress all that much, but if you're looking for something simple and almost relaxing, this is a nice test of skill that can be played virtually anywhere to kill time.