Description: Inviter is an Android app that hopes to make it much easier for its users to manage their busy work and social lives. It’s not another calendar app however, rather it’s more of a middle man that works in conjunction with your Calendar app of choice. Whenever you get an SMS message with content like “Is this Friday at 7 okay?” then Inviter will pick up on that message and offer to add a Calendar event for the next Friday, at 7 o’clock. There’s no need to log in with a Google Calendar account or anything like that, and there’s no need to even have an Internet connection as you can just rely on your offline calendar on your phone. So, let’s take a close look at Inviter, shall we?
How it Works: Getting started with Inviter is fairly easy, all you need to do is download Inviter from the Play Store and open up the app.
Once Inviter had looked through my messages it had found a few events it wanted to add, and asked me my permission before doing so.
SMS Inviter then asked me if these events were okay to add, and I was surprised by how spot on things were when adding the events.
As we can see down below, the event was added to through the calendar on my phone.
That’s really all there is to Inviter SMS, it’s incredibly simple and when you get new messages with dates and times, you’ll be asked right away if you want to add the event to your calendar. All of this makes for a really easy to use app that doesn’t disappoint.
Opinion: I’ve tried to get into using a Calendar to keep my work and home life organized, and it’s never really worked out for me. I’ll just say it; I’m inherently lazy, and a little old-fashioned. I use Todoist for work, which has a little calendar use in it, but for birthdays and events I keep on forgetting those. When I think about it, I have no reason to, because my girlfriend constantly reminds me of these things, but I never write anything down. With Inviter, I don’t need to as it’s all done for me. When I’m told of something happening in the week or on a certain date via SMS, Inviter simply adds that to my Calendar. Considering I use SMS to talk to all my family and friends, this system is going to work out really nicely for me. However, I can see that for those using WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger a lot, this might not be as useful. Still, there’s a good chance that business contacts will still use SMS, so there’s always that. Let’s not also forget that many people will receive SMS messages for Doctor’s appointments, car rental services and more, which Inviter is great for. For me though, Inviter is a pretty great solution and it’s really quite simple as well, just how I like things.
- Speed (4/5) – Inviter SMS is nice and quick, and you’re reminded to add an event pretty much as soon as you get one via SMS.
- Features (4/5) – It might not be revolutionary, but it’s dependable and it does exactly what it sets out to do, with very little hassle to complain about.
- Theme (4/5) – There’s not really much to look at here, but it’s colorful and will appeal to those planning on using it for personal use.
- Overall (4/5) – A solid application that fulfills what it sets out to do and I can see this being of particular use to those that still rely on SMS to communicate like I do.
- Super-easy to get set up, with no need to provide special permissions or anything like that.
- Doesn’t even need to connect to the Internet.
- Offers you the ability to add locations and such after it’s picked out the time and date.
- Perfect for those who simply can’t spend the time adding all these events to their Calendars, but still want to stay on top of things.
- Doesn’t take out events from WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger, so it won’t be that much use to those users.
- While the UI is nice, it could be considered a little overly feminine, rather than neutral.
Conclusion: Inviter is a pretty nifty app, and even though it’s nothing revolutionary it still works brilliantly. If you’re the type of user that still uses SMS to keep in touch with family and friends, as I do, then you’re going to get a lot of value out of this. Many services still send SMS messages to let you know a delivery is ready to pick up, or you have a Dentist’s appointment, as such Inviter is great for that sort of thing. Especially if you’re just too lazy to add things to your Calendar yourself. It’s simple, easy to use and does exactly what it says it does. What more could you want?