Description: Monkey Escape is a free game for Android designed for all ages that features a simple gameplay mechanic; you need to move the Monkey away from snakes and spiders and to make sure that you collect as many bananas as possible. Monkey Escape is an endless runner sort of game as well, with the player playing on until the Monkey gets hit by a snake or a spider. You can keep on trying to beat your high score as well, which is going to be a big part of the game for a lot of players. Designed for all the family and perhaps more so for little ones, let's see how much fun Monkey Escape can be.
How it Works: As you might expect from such a game, all you need to do is download Monkey Escape from the Play Store and then hit play.
I was disappointed to see that there were no instructions on how to play the game, but all you need to do is slide the Monkey left or right in order to collect bananas as well as avoid jungle creatures.
That's really all there is to the game, which practically makes the game perfect for younger players as there's very little that they need to remember and it's easy to pick up and get to grips with. When you get hit by a spider or a snake, your game will come to an end and you'll see what your high score is.
As you can see, I managed to get a pretty good high score and I'm sure I could double or even triple that if I wanted to, but I'm not sure the game was entirely intended for gamers like myself.
Opinion: Monkey Escape is, let's be honest here, an extremely simple game. However, it's been said that some of the most fun games are of course the most simple, and while I can't say I had all that much fun with the game, I can see why younger players would. There's some simple controls and the game really isn't that difficult, which means younger players won't get frustrated quite as easily as they would with other titles. On the whole though, there's little to complain about aside from the intrusive ads and their frequency, and the game is what it is, a free game that's great for kids and the whole family, especially for beating high scores among the family.
- Speed (4/5) - The game runs fine on a number of different devices and I had no issues with it in this regard.
- Features (3.5/5) - Sure, I can see this being a lot of fun for younger players, but it is really quite basic.
- Theme (3.5/5) - With very few animations and a slight blurriness on high resolution displays, there's work to be done on more modern smartphones.
- Overall (3.75/5) - While it is basic and there's little in the way of looks, Monkey Escape is simple, free and great fun for all the family.
- Doesn't ask too much of its players and it's nice and easy to get into.
- Great for younger players who want something simple and easy to play.
- Completely free with no need to spend any extra on in-app purchases.
- High scores are a nice feature for all the family to spend time with and get competitive about.
- Ad placement while playing is extremely awkward, with it too easy to click on an ad I don't want to see.
- Not very many animations are included here and things can get repetitive after a while.
Conclusion: Far from perfect, Monkey Escape is a game that won't be much fun for adults and gamers, but for younger players and children alike this is a game that's simple and will keep pushing them to create new high scores each time. It's simple to play and while I wish the ads were toned down a little bit, it's a completely free game and should quite happy keep your little ones preoccupied on a long trip or when there's nothing else for them to do. With a lot of room to grow, Monkey Escape is a free game that can be a lot of fun for younger players.