Description: Maze of Magic Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online game for Android with a difference. There's no PvP here, nor are there NPC enemies to slay around the wilderness. Instead, this is a game that tasks you with getting to the end of a maze before the other player you're competing against. There are some fun customization options as well, like the ability to change your outfit and there are powerups and buffs that you can use to try and get to the other end of the maze even faster. A simple, fun and accessible MMO for Android, does Maze of Magic Online have enough for it to be your next addiction? Read on to find out.
How it Works: You'll need to download Maze of Magic Online from the Play Store and then sign in with your Google account, or you can play anonymously, but you won't be entered into leaderboards and such.
For those playing for the first time, there's a nice introduction on what the game is all about and what to look out for when trying to conquer the mazes.
As this is an MMO, there are some customization options that you can choose from, including gender and some of the usual race options for a fantasy game.
Further options include a selection of clothes which help you stand out from other players you'll come across online.
When playing, all you need to do is to touch the screen where you want your character to head and you'll see some footsteps on the floor to show you which direction you're heading.
One thing I really quite liked was that you come across NPCs that need things completing, like fetching a carrot, just like quests in more detailed MMOs.
At the end of each maze, you're given a sort of report on how well you've done.
This is just the beginning of what there is to Maze of Magic Online and there's much more to the game overall.
Opinion: I've tried out MMO games before on Android and many of them try their very best to be a World of Warcraft clone or something similar. However, Android smartphones and tablets just aren't meant for that sort of thing. At least not in my opinion. As such, I'm happy to say that Maze of Magic is not only really easy to play on smartphones and tablets, but it's also a whole lot of fun. Thanks mostly because it doesn't try to turn Android devices into PCS or games consoles. The graphic style is fun and while the gameplay is fairly basic, it ticks all the boxes to be good fun for everyone.
- Speed (4/5) - Maze of Magic Online runs nice and quickly and I had no issues connecting to other players or anything like that.
- Features (4/5) - It's a fairly basic affair, but Maze of Magic is good fun, blending MMO elements in a fun, casual game to create something accessible to all.
- Theme (4/5) - The retro pixel style works well here and the customization options genuinely make a difference to how your character looks, making it easy to come up with something unique for your character.
- Overall (4/5) - An accessible and fun MMO that's easy for everyone to use on their smartphone or tablets, Maze of Magic Online ticks all the right boxes and is approachable by all.
- Works well on tablets, too. It ran nicely on my Nexus 9 which I was pleased with.
- No need to learn complicated controls or overly complicated dice roll schemes or anything like that.
- Accessible for all players, exactly what an MMO should be.
- Games are quick, rather than in-depth an lengthy dungeon quests, allowing you quick gameplay during your work day or your commute to work.
- Controls are simple, but they are a little finicky at first.
- For those that are after something more in-depth, looking elsewhere might be an option.
Conclusion: Maze of Magic Online is a simple, accessible MMO game that should appeal to both MMO fans as well as casual gamers. For me, an MMO should be able to be played by all, and this is one of the few MMOs on Android that I can say that about and mean it. Maze of Magic Online is fun, easy to play and there's more to it than you think. Go ahead and take a look for yourself and see how you like it.