Description: Mobizen is an Android app, as well as sophisticated web app, that can connect your PC to your Android device and help you explore your files, call logs and more from your PC or Laptop. Mobizen can be used over your WiFi connection or through a USB connection for faster transfers. Mobizen can tell you everything about your phone, how much storage you have left, how many processes are running, your battery level and more. As well as that, you can also use the app to move or delete files or folders, interact with photos on your device and even share them to the web from your PC or Laptop without touching your phone. If all of this sounds useful, read on as we take a closer look.
How it Works: To get started with Mobizen on your Android device, you’ll first need to download Mobizen from the Play Store. Once you have done, you’ll have to agree to some terms and conditions.
There isn’t too much that you need to do on the phone side of things, after you’ve read through the introduction you might want to change the connection method. I’d rather use WiFi, so I’m going to turn USB connection off.
To connect to your device, all you need to do is go to www.mobizen.com and then sign in with the email and password you set up when you first installed the app on your phone.
Once you’re logged in, you’ll see a sort of dashboard with icons to access certain parts of your device.
You can access your call logs from Mobizen, with their numbers and times of calls shown further to the right of the display.
Of course, for a lot of people, the file browser is more important than anything. You can navigate things just like a desktop browser and you can easily upload files from your PC or Laptop using the upload feature.
I was also quite impressed with the photo gallery as well. All the thumbnails loaded quickly over WiFi (it’s much faster using a microUSB connection) and it makes looking through photos from your phone really easy.
You can choose to hit the arrow on a thumbnail and be taken to a small menu that allows you to share the image to the web and you can also take a look at the full image as well.
There’s a lot you can do with Mobizen and this only scratches the surface really, features like being able to look at your contacts from your PC and more are all really quite helpful.
Opinion: I’ve tried these sort of apps in the past and while Android allows for this sort of thing to be done through mostly any application, Mobizen is one of the better options. I say this not because there are things that Mobizen does that others don’t offer, but because the level of polish here in Mobizen is really, really impressive. Not for a long time have I spent with an app like this that felt like a full-blown desktop application and offered such a comprehensive experience. Mobizen worked great on my Chromebook, which was a nice breath of fresh air. A comprehensive solution that helped me interact with my smartphone or tablet from my Chromebook, Mobizen is a nice alternative to clunky offerings from manufactuers and a professional one at that.
- Speed (4/5) – Using Mobizen over the web (which will work using 3G/4G as well) things were nice and quick, but using USB is even faster.
- Features (5/5) – With everything you could want to operate your phone, manage your photos and files as well as take a look at call logs and contacts, Mobizen is a great phone manager accessible from no matter where you are.
- Theme (4/5) – There are some theme options available in the backend and overall the software looks good.
- Overall (4.5/5) – A well polished alternative to manufacturer software for managing your contacts, photos and files on your Android device, Mobizen does everything you could ask for and you can even use it over your cellular connection if you like.
- Mobizen is easy to set up and you don’t even need to be on the same WiFi connection.
- USB connection can help large file transfers go by much quicker.
- Great for those looking to get their photos on to their PC without the need for a cable or messing around with software.
- Screen recording feature is excellent for those looking to show off an app or record gaming content.
- Can drain your battery a little while using it over WiFi or 4G.
- Boost Mode needs USB Debugging which could raise some security concerns.
Conclusion: With a polished look and feel and some high-quality features like screen recording and a great photo app, Mobizen is a complete solution for controlling your smartphone or tablet from a PC or Laptop. You don’t even need to be connected with a USB cable or on the same WiFi Network. If you’re looking for a way to get files to and from your Android device without resorting to clunky software from manufacturers, then Mobizen is well worth giving a try.