Description: Easy Weight Manager is, as you've no doubt guessed, an Android application to designed to make it as easy as possible to manage your weight using your smartphone. Users start by entering their essential stats and then they can make a record of their food and also register their weight twice a day to get a look at how their weight has fluctuated over the weeks and months. A target can be inputted, helping to spur people on and users can choose from a wide variety of different themes to help the app fit in or suit a particular style. With so many smart options available these days, will users appreciate the ability to take control of their weight and manually enter all this info? Read on to see what we thought.
How it Works: As with everything on Android, a quick download from the Play Store will get Easy Weight Manager installed on to your device. From there, you'll be asked to fill in some key information about you gender and your weight.
Luckily, there's a choice of either kg or lbs as units of weight, which is nice for international users.
There are some nifty settings to be applied here as well, like the ability to change the theme and also set a password to make sure that only you are managing and seeing your weight.
Once you have this set up, the idea of Easy Weight Manager is to register food that you've eaten with a picture, a name and of course the calorie content to keep a track of what you've eaten.
The idea being that the more food you register, and the more often you input your daily weight, the easier it is to tell if you're on the right track or not by using the graph.
Opinion: It's clear that Easy Weight Manager isn't the most polished of creations on Android and it can feel a little clunky. Not to mention that besides smartbands and fitness trackers, even smart scales like the Fitbit Aria this looks like a dated solution. However, I feel this would work a lot better for some people, taking control and responsibility of your weight and what you're eating by manually entering everything into Easy Weight Manager is a surefire way of making sure you meet your goals. Of course, it's up to you to stick to your diet and such, but Easy Weight Manager provides a great option for those looking to get on top of their weight issues. Taking control and responsibility at this sort of level could be the motivational push that a lot of people are in need of.
- Speed (4/5) - The app runs great and there are no issues with it really and it's a speedy app overall.
- Features (4/5) - While things do feel a little basic, it's taking responsibility of weight and meeting goals that should help a lot of people reach their goals.
- Theme (4/5) - Easy Weight Manager could do with an upgrade to bring it inline with later versions of Android, but the ability to change themes here is nice and will help both men and women of all ages take to the app.
- Overall (4/5) - A solid, if not a little basic Android application for keeping track of your weight, Easy Weight Manager is a decent free option.
- Simple and free to use with no hoops to jump through or anything like that.
- A decent option for older users that prefer to do things manually.
- Use of camera allows you to remember what you at and after a while you will notice a change in what you choose to eat.
- Graph can really help you identify blips in your routine and then focus on fixing them.
- Theme support is nice, but upgrading the app for later versions of Android would be nice.
- For a lot of users this might be a little on the basic side of things.
Conclusion: While Easy Weight Manager might not be for everyone, there is some merit in having to enter everything in manually, and it's certainly not all that difficult, either. If you want results with your diet, then you need to be keeping an eye on your weight and making sure that you input everything properly. Easy Weight Manager is a free tool that can be of great help, but like everything it's ultimately up to you to change, but this is a nice and free helping-hand.