Description: Aplus Apps for Android Wear is an Android application that aims to make it much, much easier to find new and popular apps designed for Android Wear smartwatches. It’s essentially a storefront that links into the Google Play Store, however all APlus displays are apps designed for your watch. As an Android Wear user myself, this is something that will come in handy and with APlus you can also manage your Android Wear apps, too. With the ability to see new, popular and sort the apps by categories it looks like APlus has everything we could ask for. Read on to find out if that’s true or not.
How it Works: Obviously, APlus isn’t going to be much use to you if you don’t have an Android Wear watch, so if you do, you can go ahead and download APlus from the Play Store. When you launch APlus on your phone, you’ll see a list of recommended apps for Android Wear.
There’s also a popular section as well, which I’ve found to have some of the best Android Wear apps, with many of them being ones I’ve been using for quite some time.
If you want to download an app for your Android Wear device, all you need do is to touch it and it’ll launch in the Google Play Store.
Don’t forget that with APlus you can also view Android Wear apps you have installed, which is a nice touch as many of them don’t come with app drawer icons on your phone.
As well as this, you can sort the apps by categories, too, but these could do with some cleaning up.
Rounding things up is the ability to search for apps as well.
Opinion: I’ve had a G Watch since a little before they launched and I really like some of the apps that are more and more available these days. However, what I don’t like is having to jump through hoops just to find them. Add in the problem of managing apps installed to your watch and things start to get quite messy, indeed. APlus however, can bring some much needed order to all of this. Not only can you manage the Android Wear apps you already have installed, but you can quite easily spend time looking for new apps or games without having to skip past non-Android Wear apps. The categories don’t seem quite as good as they could be, but in general this is a much easier way of dealing with Android Wear apps and games on your Android phone.
- Speed (4/5) – APlus ran fine on my Xperia Z2 and it picked up all the apps installed on my G Watch as well.
- Features (5/5) – With the ability to also manage your already installed Android Wear apps, APlus has all the right boxes ticked to help make the most of Android Wear.
- Theme (4/5) – It’s a decent enough looking app and it’s fairly easily to navigate through as well, both of which are big plus points.
- Overall (4/5) – With everything you need in an app to find new Android Wear apps and manage your existing ones, APlus is an app that many of you could really take to.
- Great for those that hate digging through the settings on their phone to remove a no-longer needed app or watch face.
- Makes it nice and easy to discover the most popular and well sort after Android Wear apps.
- You can sort apps by category as well as search for them, too.
- Offers Android Wear users an easier way to discover something really useful that they might not already have discovered before.
- Categories don’t appear quite as they should do.
- Search needs to be worked on a little bit.
Conclusion: A good companion for users of Android Wear devices, APlus is a great app that can help you find apps you might wonder how you lived without and it can keep your smartwatch clean by managing already installed apps and games. Simple to use, completely free and comprehensive, there are few other apps out there that can offer this sort of convenience in one package. For more on APlus, you can take a look at their Facebook page or their website.