This week, Firefox for Android got updated to support video streaming to Roku and Chromecast. So it’s not a huge update, but still big enough. Nice to see Firefox getting Chromecast support though.
Snaplock Launches for your lock screen
This week a new lock screen replacement app hit the Play Store. It’s Snaplock. And it basically snaps and locks your top used apps onto your lock screen so you can access them even quicker than before.
Androidify gets updated to v2.0
This update actually came out shortly before the Nexus 6, Nexus 9, and Nexus Player were announced earlier this week. But it brings plenty of features:
- Pick a move and watch your Android character laugh, dance, cheer, rock out, or all sorts of other moves.
- Share your characters as emoticons & GIFs.
- Share your characters on Androidify.com and they could get picked to be in an Android TV commercial or YouTube video.
- Lots of new clothes & accessories to choose from.
- A new and improved UI.
- Translated into English, Japanese, Korean, French and German
Moto Voice gets a speed boost
Motorola also updated the Moto Voice app on the Moto X to give it a nice speed boost among other things:
- Improved responsiveness for calling command, PIN code command, and YouTube
- Improved performance when paired with Moto Hint
- Bug fixes, including fixing a forced close