Description: Poker Friends is, as the name suggests, an online Poker game with an emphasis on playing with your friends, more so than playing with random folks online. Of course, if your friends are sad sacks that don’t like Poker, you can still play against different people to spice things up. Poker Friends allows you to create private tables with just you and your Facebook friends to play Texas Hold ‘Em and see who’s the best at keeping their nerve. There are three game modes, With Friends, Play Live or against Random Opponents. No matter which mode you play of course, the Poker just keeps on coming. Take a look at the video below and keep on reading to see how we thought Poker Friends shaped up.
How it Works: You’ll first have to download Poker Friends from the Play Store, and then you can go ahead and launch the game. While you don’t have to connect to your Facebook account, it’s very much recommended if you want to play online with your friends.
If you’ve connected to Facebook, then you’ll be able to create a new table with your friends, collect free chips and more. This is the main menu where you’ll be able to start up a quick game or create a tournament with your Facebook friends if you like.
If you want to start a game with your friends just hit the New Table button and choose your game mode.
You can then select from your Facebook friends and send them an invite.
Once you’re in a game, it’s pretty similar to other Poker games, with the ability to call, raise or check as the game passes to each player.
The game has some interesting sound effects and such that help bring it alive, and there are some extra features for those not all that well-versed with Poker hands like the hand-o-meter.
If you’re lucky enough, you’ll be able to hold your own against your friends and possibly meet some new ones.
Opinion: Sadly, none of my friends on Facebook spend all that much time playing Poker online, leaving me very few people to play Poker with. However, the way in which Poker Friends handles online games could help me turn that around, it’s really simple and easy to use and it shouldn’t be too difficult to get your friends involved in this fun Poker game. Otherwise though, it’s just an excellent Poker game that’s polished to a good standard and features some nice sound effects and could even help you meet new friends online.
- Speed (4/5) – Poker Friends runs nice and quickly and I never had any issues with how long it took to get a game going.
- Features (4/5) – As Poker games go, this has everything you’d expect but the Facebook features are well implemented and a nice touch for Poker fans with friends and family all over the world.
- Theme (4/5) – A good-looking game, Poker Friends has some fun sound effects to it and it’s polished to a high-standard as well.
- Overall (4/5) – Better for those with friends who do play Poker, but it’s a great game overall and can help Poker fiends find new friends.
- Works well on smartphones as well as tablets, allowing you to relax wherever you are to play the game.
- Great for those that want to play with their friends online, using Facebook ensures all of your friends will be online pretty much.
- Poker Friends is a game produced to a high standard and level of polish.
- Can be a nice way of meeting new friends online that love playing Poker as much as you.
- Might not be all that much fun for those that don’t have many Poker playing friends on Facebook.
- Might not offer too much beyond other Poker apps available in the Play Store.
Conclusion: Poker Friends is one of those games that should suit the vast majority of players, but will be better suited to others. It’s a game that those with keen Poker friends on Facebook will find more enjoyable, but will also be a good deal of fun to the casual Poker player, too. Poker Friends is easily loaded to play against anyone who happens to be online at the same time and it’s definitely a well-polished game that has a professional look and feel to it.