Description: MyMotus for Android is a simplified version of the Lingo TV show that's played all over the world and asks you to find a word without an accent chosen randomly among a list of preselected words. It's sort of like filling in the blanks with some of the letters already provided, but it gives you more than one chance. Each time you guess a letter it'll go purple telling you it's a letter in the word which helps yo in your later guesses. The whole game feels a little like Hangman meets Scrabble, but it's certainly it's own game and if you're a big fan of word puzzlers, then you'll really like MyMotus. So, let's see what all the fuss is about, shall we?
How it Works: To get started, you'll need to download MyMotus from the Play Store. Once you've done that, you're given a quick introduction as to just what is MyMotus and how to play it.
There are a number of different game modes to try out, but if you're just getting started I recommend the normal mode.
You can choose the amount of letters you're challenged with and you're also given another little tip on how to play, too.
After a couple of goes, I got the jist of the game and I was pretty sure I knew the answer.
I did get the answer right and I was pretty happy with that as I like a good word game, so I moved onto the next word.
Quickly though, I realized that the game was more difficult than I had first thought, with the second word already giving me trouble.
There's a good deal of fun included in MyMotus, and it's well worth taking a look at if you think you're good with words.
Opinion: I really like these types of games, so it was fun to try something out that felt genuinely different. After all, I've reviewed other word puzzles, but MyMotus genuinely felt like a different game and I was carefully thinking about what I was going to do next, with each word presenting me a new challenge. It's great to test out just how good you are at forming words and there's often a good chance that the game will throw a curveball. More than a couple of times I was playing MyMotus and felt like I had no idea what letters to try next as I had already tried those that must make sense.
- Speed (4/5) - MyMotus runs great and if you;re looking for something a little more quick-witted the time-trial mode is a good game to try out.
- Features (5/5) - A good mix of word forming and a logical puzzle, MyMotus is a great game that all word junkies should try out.
- Theme (4/5) - A colorful and fun game, MyMotus looks good and the text is always nice and readable.
- Overall (4/5) - MyMotus is a game that will challenge both your language skills and your logical thinking, it's a fun game that's well worth taking a look at.
- MyMotus is a fun game for all ages, with it being a nice practice game for kids.
- Perfect for those that have spend many an hour trying to form a word in Scrabble out of random letters.
- Tests your logical thinking as well as your vocabulary to see how easily you can reach the answer.
- Features integration with Google Play Games to challenge your friends or perhaps coworkers.
- Does take a little time to get your head around the game's concept.
- Can sometimes feel a little too difficult.
Conclusion: MyMotus is a game that has a lot to offer those that really enjoy word puzzlers and while it's not the most exciting game out there, it sure is a lot of fun. I would have liked the concept to be a little better explained but still, I had a lot of fun during my time with MyMotus and if you're a fan of Scrabble and such, this is a nice training exercise and a good game in its own right. A great game for those of all ages, MyMotus is a nice, fresh way of forming words and challenging yourself and your friends.