Description: Monster Truck Extreme Dash is a fresh game from Dumadu games and it's an endless runner type of game that focuses on you performing cool tricks as you shoot off big hills and into the sky. It's full of different environments that are all rendered in 3D and have different layers to them, they all look good and with your choice of six different trucks tearing through them it all comes to life. You'll be given the opportunity to customize your preferred truck as you earn more coins from your runs and the more missions you complete, the more cars you'll have access to. Take a look at the trailer below and read on to see what we thought of the game.
How it Works: You'll first need to download Monster Truck Extreme Dash from the Play Store, and once you have done you can choose your truck and get started.
When you first start playing, you're given small prompts on how to actually play the game, but it's pretty self explanatory. You press one side of the display to tip the car in one direction, and the reverse is true of the other side of your display.
The point of that simple mechanic is twofold, to make sure you hit a perfect (flat) landing to earn bonus points and so that you can flip the car to get more bonus points for pulling off crazy tricks.
Once you've been playing for a little while, and you've put together a sizable amount of coins, you can use these coins to upgrade your car. The first upgrade I wanted to use was adding more strength. However, there are other upgrades that might suit your style a little better, like more fuel, for instance.
At the end of each level, you're given a look at your score, like the shot above, but you're also given the change to continue if you want to go after your last big high-score.
Opinion: I really enjoyed Monster Truck Extreme Dash and I'm sure that I'll keep on playing it for a long time to come. It's full of pleasant little touches, like the backgrounds that are layered and all have something going on. Having to get those landings just perfect can be addicting and the higher you jump, the more tempting it is to try and fit one more flip in, however the balance between pulling off tricks and making sure that you land correctly make this a challenging game that should appeal to a lot of players. I do wish that collecting coins and fuel was a little easier to control, but overall there's very little to complain about, it's a lot of fun and has more depth to it than you might think.
- Speed (4/5) – The game runs great, and I had no issues with it on my tablet or smartphone, with the pacing nice and manageable as well.
- Features (4/5) – For an endless runner game, Monster Truck Extreme Dash manages to break the mold a little bit, and the tricks as well as the ever-changing backdrop all come together to offer a really fun mobile title.
- Theme (4/5) – I really liked the backgrounds that came to life with different layers and the cars all look great with some fluid effects and good performance to boot.
- Overall (4/5) – An excellent game that should appeal to both casual gamers as well as endless runner fiends, Monster Truck Extreme Dash should keep players hooked for a long time to come.
- Monster Truck Extreme looks good and has some really cool effects to it, and looks good on tablets as well.
- Offers endless runner fans a new type of gameplay while also introducing physics-based games fans to the addictive side of endless runners.
- Lots of customization available for the 6 unique cars to help you keep on beating those high-scores.
- Putting together the tricks and the need to land properly, Monster Truck Extreme Dash is both addictive as well as challenging.
- Does take a long time to get enough coins for a big upgrade without paying an in-app purchase.
- Ads can easily be removed, but they are distracting while in-game.
Conclusion: Monster Truck Extreme Dash is one of those games that will hook you in and before you know it, you've spent hours trying to beat your last best high-score. With the ability to upgrade your cars as well as unlock completely new ones as well, there's a lot of depth on offer here and more than enough to keep players entertained for quite some time to come. A good deal of fun, with excellent gameplay and replayability, Monster Truck Extreme Dash is a game that will draw you in and have you hooked.