Description: Container Terminal Simulation is a game that aims to simulate what it’s like to work in a shipping dock, with the player have to move trucks, load trucks using cranes, forklifts and more, all to keep the operation running smoothly and on time. With Container Terminal Simulation players will be asked to control not just tucks as in the last game, but also to control forklifts and more to make sure that the containers are positioned correctly and that they make it onto their boats safely. Rather than a game, this is more about precision and what goes into making sure such an operation keeps on running smoothly. Container Terminal Simulation could help you grasp what it takes to work in such a place and it can be used for educational purposes, too.
How it Works: You’ll first need to download Container Terminal Simulation from the Play Store, after that you can go ahead and get started.
Getting started is pretty straightforward, you need to load containers onto the truck, which will require swapping to the forklift before even moving the truck.
With the Forklift – as with any other vehicle – you’ll notice that there’s a lot of different controls here, and you’ll need to use them all if you hope to do a good job, which I’m having a little trouble with.
Once you get the hang of things though, you’ll have those containers loaded on to your truck.
Once you’ve got the truck loaded up, you’ll need to drive it across the port to get it unloaded. Here, I found out that it was easier to drive the truck with the cab view, and that Container Terminal Simulation has every view imaginable for each vehicle or piece of equipment.
Once it’s all aligned, you can unload the containers and once again, you can change the view to make sure you’re being precise.
Opinion: Container Terminal Simulation isn’t really designed to be that much fun, as it’s more about the process of loading and unloading container trucks. It can be a fun game, but it certainly needs a lot of polish. The 3D graphics leave a lot to be desired and the controls can be a little wobbly at times. However, I can’t complain too much when you take a step back and look at just how much there is included in the game. After all, there’s a mode for every viewpoint, three different vehicles each level and a good variety of different levels to go through. It might not be the most fun game to a lot of people, but to those that enjoy simulating other walks of life, this is a precise and accurate game that takes a lot of skill.
- Speed (4/5) – The game ran well on my tablet and I had no issues with the pacing of each level, either.
- Features (5/5) – With all sorts of different viewpoints, different vehicles and an emphasis on being precise, accurate and careful, this is one game that’s challenging and actually pretty realistic.
- Theme (3.5/5) – I do wish the graphics were a little sharper and the menus a little cleaner, but with how much there is going on here, it’s hard to imagine how much work that’d be.
- Overall (4/5) – An excellent simulator, Container Terminal Simulation does pretty much what you’d expect of it, it paints a realistic picture of what it’s like loading and unloading cargo and simulator fans will love it.
- Lots of different controls really help sell the emphasis on precision and being careful as you load things.
- Forklift is a lot of fun here, and anyone that thinks driving one of these is easy is just wrong.
- There are so many viewpoints here that it’s hard not to get the right view to be as accurate as possible.
- 3D graphics are used throughout, even when in the cab of the forklift or the truck.
- An interactive tutorial would be nice for new players.
- 3D graphics and menu do need some extra polish, but the game doesn’t look bad with all the different assets and such available.
Conclusion: Container Terminal Simulation is a game that might not appeal to everyone, but it certainly has more than enough on offer to bring something fresh to the table. It’s a much more serious and precise game than most available for Android, and if you’re looking for a challenge and something with much more teeth to it, then this is the game for you. While the graphics could look better, there’s so much at work here, that it’s hard to deny the great attention to detail.