Description: Tap Cash is yet another application for Android that lets you earn money for essentially nothing. All you need to do with Tap Cash is to download some of the latest apps and games – the vast majority of them free – and you'll get your free credits. You needn't sign-up to yet another account, as Tap Cash will allow you to sign-in with your Google+ account and Facebook users can get double-points by verifying their account to become a VIP member. As with all of these services, you can also invite friends and benefit from spreading the word as well. Where Tap Cash differs however, is the fact that it's just so simple! While it's simple, is it any good? Let's take a look.
How it Works: You'll first need to download Tap Cash Rewards from the Play Store. You're introduced to what Tap Cash has to offer you, before you can go ahead and sign-in. Tap Cash have been kind enough to send us a promo code for new users to use, and all you need to is to click here.
Signing in is really easy, you can either do so using your Facebook or Google+ account, either is nice and simple really.
You'll see your invitation code below your email address when you're signed in, and this is an important part of the app, as it can help you earn 200 credits for you and a friend, which is a sizable amount of money.
Each time you launch Tap Cash on your device, you'll see a list of the latest offers that are available. The vast majority of these are downloading a free app and then opening it to receive your free credits.
As you'll note, many of them don't feature a huge amount of credits by their name, and that's one of the larger problems with Tap Cash. As you can see below, it takes a lot of credits to get a hold of anything meaningful to reward.
However, Tap Cash really is simple to get to grips with and unlike other similar services, you don't need to wait until you have $5, $10 or even $20 to redeem a voucher, and you can start with just a dollar.
Opinion: I've played around with other similar services and while Tap Cash honestly isn't anything new, the way it goes about the whole process is fairly refreshing. Tap Cash is genuinely simple to get to grips with and there's no need to jump through any crazy hoops here, either. All you need to do is to download the app or game, open it and your credits will be waiting for you in your account. I'm a busy guy – honest! – and normally I don't see myself having the time for this sort of thing, but considering that Tap Cash is really quick and easy, and that the app selection is fairly standard, I think Tap Cash could be the service that I've been waiting for. Sadly, I'll be waiting for a long time to get anything big in return, but then again it is all free.
- Speed (4/5) – Tap Cash runs fine and your credits always appear nice and quickly.
- Features (4/5) – While this doesn't offer much more than other similar services, it's so simple that it easily makes up for that and it's really straightforward and upfront with its users as well.
- Theme (4/5) – The app looks fine and there's nothing to complain about here, everything is laid out neatly as well.
- Overall (4/5) – A solid alternative to other apps that make you wait until you have $10 or $20 to redeem a voucher, Tap Cash's simple approach to offering users free cash as a form of advertising just works, and works well.
- Quick and speedy app, with quick arrival of credits, too.
- Allows you to redeem a cash voucher for PayPal, Amazon or even Google Play from as little as $1.
- All it asks from users is a quick download of some free apps and games to get something in return.
- Invitation codes give 200 credits – a good amount of extra credits – to both those involved.
- Does take a long time to get up to something like $10 or so.
- Google+ users cannot "verify" their account to get double-points.
Conclusion: Overall, Tap Cash might not offer much more than other services, and in fact it doesn't really offer anything more. What it does instead, is take a different approach, asking as little as possible from its users while delivering a pretty decent experience that anyone could get to grips with in very little time as possible. It allows you to redeem cash as low as just one dollar and there's a good selection of apps and games, many of which you might end up using on a daily basis. It might not offer much more, but it's different, super-simple and it doesn't take long at all to get going with Tap Cash.