Description: Sky Weather Live Wallpaper is, as you've probably guessed, is a Live Wallpaper for Android that displays what the weather is doing where you are on your wallpaper. More than that though, Sky Weather is also a fully functioning weather app that can help tell you just what the weather is doing near you, while also displaying the same high-resolution animations of which there are 18 different high-quality animations. Sky Weather aims to offer all of the same sort of features as other weather apps as well as giving you an excellent live wallpaper to bring your homescreen to life. So, let's take a closer look at Sky Weather Live Wallpaper and see what it's like.
How it Works: Sky Weather Live Wallpaper needs downloading from the Play Store before you can get started, and you'll be greeted with an overview of your weather when you first launch the app.
You can easily add other locations as well to find out what the weather is either overseas or to where you're headed to forward plan.
The star of the show however, is the live wallpaper, which you can apply to your home screen to big a little bit of life to your app-laden display.
It looks really nice on my homescreen and I was pleasantly surprised to see how high-quality the Sky animations are, it looks nice and sharp on my 1080p Nexus 5 and I am intrigued to see how it looks with different weather. You can also change the theme of the app and the live wallpaper as well in the settings.
Don't just take my word for it, install Sky Weather from the Play Store or take a look at the GIF below to get a taste of it.
Opinion: Sky Weather Live Wallpaper is much like other weather apps available for Android and it offers you the same sort of features that other weather apps. However, where this differs from the others out there is in quality. Sky Weather looks great in pretty much any situation, be it on your homescreen or as an app, the high-resolution graphics at work here really help and it's far more polished than other live wallpaper apps that pretend to show you what the weather is doing. It's easily one of the better looking weather apps available and if you're interested in bringing a bit of life to your homescreen, then Sky Weather Live Wallpaper is the one for you. It does everything you'd want, with quick updates with the weather and the live wallpaper doesn't slow your device down at all, either.
- Speed (4/5) – The live wallpaper side of things works well here and it didn't slow my Nexus 5 down much at all.
- Features (4/5) – With everything you could want in a weather app and one of the better looking live wallpapers out there, Sky Weather Live Wallpaper is an excellent choice to bring some life to your phone.
- Theme (5/5) – There are other live wallpapers out there that bring you the weather to your phone's homescreen, but none that I've come across with high-resolution graphics like this. Everything is easy to setup and it looks stunning.
- Overall (4/5) – As weather apps go, this has everything you could ask for and it works really quite well.
- Sky Weather works well on even the highest resolution devices and it's pretty quick, too.
- There's more than just one theme available for the live wallpaper as well as the app overall.
- High-resolution animation makes the whole app stand out especially when used as a live wallpaper.
- Nice, clean interface makes the whole app nice and simple to use.
- Does drain your battery a little quicker than normal.
- Weather app doesn't offer too much more than other similar apps available on the Play Store.
Conclusion: If you're looking for something that will liven up your homescreen with the weather, then this is what you've been looking for. It's a good-looking app that has some excellent high-resolution assets that really help the app stand out and allow it to liven up your smartphone overall. It's also a real nice and soothing weather app, it's simple, tells you what you need to know and runs smoothly. Overall, it might not do much more than other apps, but it does so with higher-quality images and that makes all the difference.