Description: Catch the Dancing Panda is an Android app that's both a game as well as a GO Launcher EX theme. The theme itself is fairly basic with a cute Panda as the background, but the main part of Catch the Dancing Panda is a game where you need to stop a Panda from escaping. The idea of the game is to turn the grey circles next to the Panda red, each time you do so he'll move and you need to trap the Panda in order to stop him from escaping. Catch the Dancing Panda is a game that seemingly focuses on style more than gameplay, but let's take a closer look at it.
How it Works: First of all, you'll need to download Catch the Dancing Panda from the Play Store. As well as this however, you'll need to download GO Launcher EX, even if you just want to play the game.
Once you've done that, or if you already have GO Launcher EX installed, you'll be able to see the theme on your homescreen. It's a fun theme that will bring a nice fun twist to your front page.
You can then launch the "Catch me" icon from your app drawer in order to play the game.
From there, the game will give you a quick demonstration on how to play.
It's nice and easy to play the game, but it can still be quite tricky, with the Panda being a fairly tricky fiend to catch.
In fact, it's so tricky to catch him, that I've still yet to stop him from escaping.
Opinion: As an app, Catch the Dancing Panda is pretty strange, is it a launcher theme or is it a game? In fact, it's both which is perfectly fine, but it would be nice if the Play Store's description was a little more clear. Either way, the game is a good deal of fun, however it does feel a little basic, which is a shame as the concept could help kill some time during the commute to work. Nevertheless, catching the Panda proves to be quite tricky, and does in fact provide a good challenge. If there were perhaps a little more to the game though, it'd be more entertaining.
- Speed (4/5) – There were no issues with the speed of the game and it ran just fine.
- Features (4/5) – While it's pretty light on features, it is a launcher theme with a matching game and it can be quite challenging.
- Theme (4/5) – It might not go too far, but it's still a cute theme and will appeal to those with a taste in Japanese culture or just looking for a fun theme.
- Overall (4/5) – Catch the Dancing Panda is cute, fun and the gameplay might be basic but it's quite challenging and there are no fussy controls to deal with.
- Fun-looking launcher theme for fans of GO Launcher, with an interesting wallpaper choice.
- While good for all ages, this might be a good theme and game for those little ones with their own tablet or such.
- Gameplay is quite challenging and can become addictive over time.
- Great for small games while on the way to work as well as longer sessions.
- Doesn't have too much on offer and can feel a little basic at times.
- Needs GO Launcher EX installed even to play the game.
Conclusion: Catch the Dancing Panda is, without doubt, an interesting game that should prove fun to little ones as well as those looking for a simple and easy game to play on the commute to work or something similar. It's a shame that you need to have GO Launcher EX installed even if you just want to play the game, but the theme is a nice bit of fun and should help light up your homescreen quite nice. Overall though, Catch the Dancing Panda is fairly simple, even if it can be a good challenge and a little bit of fun.