Description: Vion Icon Pack is yet another pack from the infamous GSeth, the same designer who was behind the 3DIon packs and Viby packs that we've reviewed in the past. Vion is a new type of pack that's a sort of blend of these two styles, this is one of GSeth's more colorful themes and will certainly brighten up your homescreen if you're looking to make things a little more lively from day-to-day. There's a great number of icons included in the pack, but if for whatever reason your favorite apps and games aren't included, you can simply put in a quick request form, with icons coming in regular updates. There are also 57 great-looking wallpapers included in Vion and there's even a matching set of Zooper widgets to complete the look.
How it Works: Just like other icon packs, Vion needs to be downloaded from the Play Store and once it is you can go ahead and launch the companion app.
From here, you can take a look at the icons included in the pack and get a quick feel for how they look.
A lot of your favorite games will have their own icon and most of your everyday apps will like the Google apps, for instance.
When applied, you'll notice some color straight away on your homescreen, and here I've matched it with one of the included wallpapers, too.
Your app drawer will be filled with this color as well, and if you come across unthemed apps and games, just go ahead and ask for an icon request.
If you're a Zooper user, there's a free set of widgets in the theme of Vion to download as well, which can really help complete the look.
Don't forget to check out the selection of 57 wallpapers that are included in the theme as well.
Opinion: This isn't the first time that I've reviewed an icon pack from GSeth, but this is one of my favorite packs, I enjoy the sort of shapes from 3DIon that are at work here, but I love the color that this theme brings with it as well. There's the obvious massive amount of icons available here and regular updates will be coming along as usual. Without a doubt though, this has to be my favorite of his packs when it comes to wallpapers, they're almost like photographic watercolors and they look really nice with a good mix of landscapes and abstract art throughout the 57 wallpapers included.
- Speed (4/5) - As with other icon packs, there's very little effect that Vion has on your performance.
- Features (4/5) - With all the icons included here as well as a comprehensive selection of wallpapers and a Zooper theme available, this covers most of the bases nicely.
- Theme (5/5) - The icons here are great, and while they do look a lot like the offering from 3DIon, it's the wallpapers here that impressed me more than anything.
- Overall (4.5/5) - With more icons than most icon packs ever produce and some excellent wallpapers, Vion is another winner and the Zooper themes are a nice option as well.
- Lots of icons on offer here, with the ability to request more.
- Regular updates as usual means Vion will only get better.
- Zooper widgets are available for free and will match the icons nicely on your homescreen.
- Excellent selection of wallpapers here with something to suit the majority of people's tastes.
- Does feel a little too familiar to the 3DIon pack in some cases.
- Icon mask doesn't fit in with the rest of the theme.
Conclusion: Vion is a great icon pack and one that has pretty much all the icons you could want and then some. It would be nice to see a better icon mask, but with regular updates coming the gaps will get smaller. It's nice to see some attention paid to Zooper here with some free themes available and they really help complete a homescreen. For me though, the best thing about Vion is without a doubt the wallpapers, I just love the watercolor effect used and there's a good variety of them with almost 60 included with the pack.