Description: Ambivo Slideshow and Videomaker lets you create slideshows by merging your pictures, video and music, so you can play them back for yourself or other friends and family whenever you like. You can also share those slideshows online with sites like Facebook so your friends can see them on your timeline. You can make your pictures come alive by creating these great little slideshows, and you can even mesh pictures and videos together with background music and other details to create videos, which you can also share to Facebook, but also YouTube or the Ambivo social network. If you have ever wanted to create you own videos and slideshows, this app may be able to help you get the job done.
How It Works: Before you can create anything you'll need the app installed on your phone to get started. Head to the Play Store where you can grab Ambivo Slideshow and Videomaker and install it.
Ambivo Slideshow and Videomaker lets you create slideshows from your pictures and videos, and you can share those experiences online for others to see. You can view the slideshows on any device that has a browser installed on it.
You can use as many pictures and videos as you want to create slideshows, there's no limit, giving you the option of making your slideshows short and sweet or a little bit longer, so long as the creation is under 25MB in total file size.
You can pull your videos and images from various storage places, not just your gallery. You can also grab them from Dropbox, Drive, OneDrive etc. Once you have your images and videos gathered, create you slideshow and either play it for the family or friends at home, or share it through WhatsApp, email, SMS, Facebook, YouTube etc.
All of the app's features are easily accessible from the slide out menu that be found by dragging your finger in from the left edge. Once open you can scroll to find all the features of the app, including your profile and settings information in case changes need to be made.
You can add not only your choice of background music to all your created videos and slideshows, but you can also add captions, and audio voiceover to each scene if you wish.
Ambivo will do more than just let you create slideshows, as you can use the app to also order physical prints of any of your images or DVDs of your slideshows and have them shipped to you.
Opinion: The app is extremely easy to use, and I found that navigating through it to grab images and videos off of my device was simple and fast. Ambivo does exactly what it says and does things pretty well. Creating slideshows is easy and fun, and I enjoyed the ability to easily add the voice overs and captions, the captions especially. The share feature is also great should I want to send any creations to friends and family through Facebook.
- Speed (4/5) - Ambivo Slideshow and Video Maker ran decently on both the Nexus 4 and the Galaxy S5, helping to provide an enjoyable experience.
- Features (4/5) - There's a good set of features to allow you to create awesome slideshow or video masterpieces, then share them with family and friends through a number of different ways, whichever suits the situation best.
- Theme (4/5) - The interface is simple enough to get around in but still looks good and has a pretty seamless integration between the menu and your folder of images and videos
- Overall (4/5) - If you enjoy creating video and image slideshows, and adding in little fun tweaks like captions and voiceovers, Ambivo Slideshow and Video Maker is a great option to help you do it easily.
- Fun and easy to use
- Slide out menu makes getting to features and settings as simple as can be
- Adding captions, voiceovers, and music lets you put a personal touch on your creations
- Grab media from various locations including cloud storage
- 25MB total size limit may be too little for some users
Conclusion: Everyone enjoys pictures and videos now and again so they can save moments in time. Ambivo can help you turn those moments into completely brand new creations that you can look back on and view yourself later, or share them with family and friends through messaging social media or other means. The app is incredibly simple to use, and definitely makes it worth checking out.