Description: reqallable InCar is an Android app designed for drivers who need to safely and reliably keep in touch with important people and stay up-to-date with email and messages. It uses voice control and text-to-speech engines to help you send and listen to important messages safely without taking your eyes off of the road. With a simple car interface and a powerful engine that looks at your text messages and emails to find important, attention-worthy details in messages, reqallable InCar is like having a secretary outside of the office for when you're on the move, but still need to be kept up-to-date. The entire technology processing messages runs on the device so the user has absolute and complete control of their privacy. While it's most useful in the car, reqallable can be a big help filtering out the noise and getting to the important emails and messages no matter what you're doing. It all sounds great, but how does it work in the real world?
How it Works: The first thing you'll need to do is download Reqallable from the Play Store. Once you've done that, you'll be read out loud an introduction to the app, which is a nice introduction as a lot of the app focuses on listening to your phone.
You'll then have to give the app access to your inbox as a lot of what reqallable InCar does is tell you about incoming emails and messages. Once you've given it access to the email accounts you want to use it'll scan your messages, inbox and your most important contacts (gleaned from phone, calendar) to present what's important to you.
After that I was pretty happy to see that my most called three contacts were selected for easy calling on the right-hand side of the app's interface.
When you want to get in touch with one of these contacts, rather than pressing a number of buttons in sequence to do just that, all you need do is to tap their name and then speak how you would like to contact them.
I was impressed with just how much you can rely on voice control with reqallable InCar, but what was even more impressive was how it collected info from my inbox and text messages. These pile up around the play icon and all you need to do is hit the play icon to hear them read out to you. Emails are boiled down to the attention-worthy key points as well which is nice, and this is a feature that really needs to be heard to be believed.
Outside of the car though, Reqallable works great, too. It gives you a quick look at the most important messages in your inbox and even pulls out those actions it thinks you need to be made aware of. I was impressed with this as it worked really well with my inbox and the actions were picked out nice and simply.
One of the best features here is the quick keyboard that has some excellent quick reply actions for you to use. For instance, you can easily tell someone where you are with a single tap and agree to thinks with simple taps.
There are a number of settings that you can tweak as well to customize your overall experience.
Opinion: Reqallable is a great application that I feel I didn't get the most out of - I don't do much driving - but something like this would be absolutely perfect for my Dad who spends a lot of time in the car on business trips. The same can be said of anyone who spends a long time in their car, but doesn't want to miss a beat. This isn't just about in the car though, as reqallable's contextually aware side keeps on filtering out the important messages. There's a lot of uses for this sort of thing, but the contextually aware brain at work here is really very good. It's sort of like Google Now meets Siri, and the voices used are high-quality and you can use natural language to speak back to people, which is something that's very important while driving. There's really no need to fiddle with your device with reqallable InCar open, all you need to do is hit one of the six buttons and then tell it do something, it's as simple as that.
- Speed (4/5) - The small time it takes to load everything into the app's memory is the only waiting you'll need to do here, as everything else is nice and quick.
- Features (5/5) - Sure, we have enough of these in-car assistants these days, but reqallable InCar focuses on what matters the most; getting important information to you in a distraction-free way and it does just that.
- Theme (4/5) - The app is built with a minimal theme, but all of the buttons are large enough to access easily while driving and the rest is done intuitively using your voice.
- Overall (4/5) - A great idea that really needs to be used to see how well it works, reqallable InCar is an app all frequent drivers should take a look at, especially those on long business trips that need to be kept in the loop.
- Easily allows you to respond to emails quickly and efficiently whether in the car or not, and the only messages you see are the important ones and their actions.
- Easy to use interface has only a few buttons, with the rest done with your voice.
- Works like Google Now but with more attention to detail when talking about emails and text messages with important info in them.
- Responds well to commands and does so in a timely fashion, so you can stay calm at the wheel while driving.
- While you can use the app to navigate to places, there are other options out there for that.
- Won't necessarily appeal to those that don't lead a busy lifestyle, but is no less nice to have available.
Conclusion: reqallable InCar is one of those apps that you need to try out in order to see how well it works for you, and if you find out that it works well, then you have one less reason to be distracted while driving. All-in-all, reqallable InCar cuts out the middle man and gives you the info that you need to stay in the loop, without having to spend time fiddling with your phone when you should be driving. Outside of the car though, the app can help you quickly deal with important messages and the quick and easy to use keyboard really helps dealing with a lot of messages or emails at a time. Easy to use, intuitive and contextually aware, reqallable InCar just works.