Description: Animal Sounds for Children is just what it sounds like, it’s an Android app for kids that features all sorts of animal sounds in different environments. Children can touch the different animals to see what sound they make and children will be able to find our what sort of animals live where and something I liked was how they live with us humans as well. The app was developed for the developer’s granddaughters and there are four environments in which to discover new animals.With a good variety of animals on offer, let’s see if your little ones will have something to play.
How it Works: As with other games, you’ll need to download Animal Sounds for Children from the Play Store and then select an environment.
We’ll start with familiar barnyard animals, where you’ll see a group of the usual animals like a Cow and a Pig.
When your little one wants to hear an Animal’s sound, all they need to do is touch the animal and it’ll grow larger to show which animal it is and the sound will play.
There are other environments that kids can take a look as well, which is nice to see and will help them get to grips with a number of different animals. A great introduction to the world of animals is being able to hear what our pets sound like.
Opinion: While basic, Animal Sounds for Children does exactly what it sets out to do; it introduces kids to the sounds animals make. That’s a pretty simple concept for sure, but it’s also great to see in an app like this. Animal Sounds for Children is brutally simple and will let young kids easily make their own selection and just interact with the colorful graphics. Speaking of presentation, the noises are fine, but it would have been good to see higher-resolution assets especially when using a tablet. As simple as it is, Animal Sounds for Children is a great little app for introducing young ones to the type of animals that we interact with and those further afield as well.
- Speed (4/5) – Everything runs fine here and there’s little reason to complain about the app’s performance.
- Features (4/5) – Sure, it’s simple and doesn’t have much on offer, but it works great for kids and that’s exactly what little ones want. A way to interact with something on their level, which doesn’t happen all that often these days.
- Theme (4/5) – Everything is nice and colorful and the animals all make their expected noises, making it a good-looking game that just needs a boost in resolution.
- Overall (4/5) – A solid and simple app that does exactly what it promises to, Animal Sound for Children is something that shouldn’t be overlooked and will be a great introduction to pre-schoolers and young kids all over the world.
- Runs great on smartphones and tablets, and it’s super-easy to use.
- Four environments show animals in human areas, a nice way of familiarizing kids with animals as part of our everyday lives, rather than something to be feared.
- There’s something to be said of how simple the game is, allowing kids to freely interact with things at their own pace.
- Colorful graphics are playful and eye-catching.
- Higher-resolution assets would make the app look better on tablets, the way most kids will be using this app.
- A photo mode or something like that would help give the game a little more longevity.
Conclusion: As an app that was put together for the developer’s granddaughters, Animal Sounds for Children is a great app that will please kids and their parents all over the world. The four environments have the basic animals in them and the graphics are eye-catching and colorful. It all comes together to offer little ones a way of interacting with animals at their own pace and will surely put a smile on their faces.