Description: SaveUP is a personal finance application that rewards you for saving money and making deposits in your accounts. The more you deposit, the more you could potentially save and the more you save could earn you rewards from top brands that you love and already spend money with. SaveUP helps you keep track of your accounts and your balances, with SaveUP doing all the heavy lifting. As you make deposits you can earn credits too, and the credits can be used to play SaveUP’s $2 million Jackpot for a chance to win big money. Playing the Jackpot is completely free, you just need credits, which you get by saving and depositing money into your accounts, not spending.
How it works: To start saving and start earning, the first thing you’ll have to do is get a hold of the app, so you’ll want to head to the Play Store and download SaveUP. Once you do that you’re on track to saving more and potentially winning big.
As we stated above, SaveUP allows you to earn rewards and credits for saving money and paying off debt. You can finally reap the benefits for making the smart choices and not spending.
SaveUP can do all the book keeping for you. You can track your finances across almost every bank and credit union in the U.S., so whether you do your banking at a major bank, or keep your accounts at a smaller and more local credit union, chances are SaveUP works with them.
SaveUP can play to your competitive side too. You can challenge your friends to financial quizzes, and may the best mind win. Test their knowledge and test your own, with quiz questions from your own SaveUP experiences. The more you play also gives you chances to play the Jackpot and win money.
Challenging your friends to quizzes and playing the Jackpot can even earn you “XP” in the app, that allows you to level up. One starts as a “newbie saver” upon using SaveUP for the first time.
Got enough to credits to play the jackpot multiple times? That benefits you. The Jackpot also lets you choose how many numbers you want to attempt and match up, with each selection giving you the chance to win more and more money. Match 4 numbers for example, and win $10, match 5 and win $1,000, and match all 6 and win the entire jackpot of $2,000,000!
Adding accounts is simple but hitting the “dollar sign”, and you can even invite friends so you can both save and earn more chances to win by testing each other.
Opinion: There are tons of apps and systems out there that reward you for spending, but SaveUP rewards your for saving money instead, because they want to see you succeed. Money is a great motivator and while it can be hard to save, it can be a little easier when someone comes along like SaveUP and throws chances to win big prize pots at you for simply making deposits into your accounts and paying off debt. The rewards from brands don’t hurt either. The app is simple to use and has a decent interface, they have made the app a little more fun by giving users the ability to invite friends and make the app “social”.
- Speed (4.5/5) – Opening and closing the app is fast, and most actions seem to happen pretty quickly. Sometimes transitioning between screen would cause a slight lag or stutter.
- Features (4/5) – There is enough features here for what the app is dedicated to providing users, which is to help themselves save money and be rewarded for doing so.
- Theme (4/5) – The design of the app is a little basic, but with a little added color and thoughtfulness the SaveUP is pleasing to the eye
- Overall (4/5) – SaveUP helps you save and gives you incentive to do so. That is reason enough why anyone should try it. On top of that SaveUP has made it more fun with friends challenges and a leveling system for savers.
- Helps you save money by earning you rewards and eve cash.
- Easy to add accounts and keep track of finances as it works with most banks and credit unions.
- Friend invite system so you can save together.
- Has a nice social aspect to it with challenges and such.
- App could be a little quicker.
- A little more color, perhaps with theme options would be nice to see.
Conclusion: SaveUP is a great little app to help motivate people to do what they should already be doing, and although it can be a little hard sometimes to save, SaveUP aims to make it easy for users and even rewards them in various ways for doing so. They have even made it more fun by adding the social aspect of it and allowing users to invite and challenge friends to financial savings quizzes, and having a friend using the same app can always spark a conversation, and who doesn’t like chances to win huge pots of cash?