Description: File Expert with Clouds is pretty much your one stop shop for file management on Android. You can handle all of your files, like music, ebooks, photo gallery, apps, plug-ins, apk files, and ZIP files. It doesn't just let you manage files from your smartphone though as you can manage the files from your tablets, and PC as well as files from your cloud storage account, to help you stay organized and in control of all the files on your devices. Using File Expert with Clouds you can target your files quickly and easily, and the interface is easy to use and navigate through.
How It Works: The first thing you'll need to do is head on over to the Play Store and install File Expert With Clouds, from there you're ready to manage all of files from multiple devices in one place.
As soon as you open the app you'll be greeted with a super handy little tutorial. This will walk you through just a few key details and things about how to use File Expert with Clouds. Tap the screen to switch through each step of the tutorial and you'll be done in no time.
The file manager is set up with a tabbed user interface. You'll see tabs for "My Files", "Folders" and "My Tools". To switch between them just swipe left or right.
Just in case you aren't sure exactly how much storage you have left and you wanted to check, there is very useful little button you can tap that will pop up the storage information for you. In the bottom left hand corner just tap the icon that looks like a bar graph, and File Expert will give you all of your storage info.
IF you're experiencing issues or simply want to leave some feedback for the developers, they have made even this task a simple one by placing a messaging icon down at the bottom, which you can tap on to get right to the feedback screen. No having to leave and go to your email app.
There is also a built in browser, so if you need to download something from the web, you can jump to the "surf the net" tab and get it done, then navigate back to the my files tab to finish what you were doing all from within the app. The browser tab will have to be added to your list of "tabs", which can be done simply by hitting the "+" symbol in the top right corner.
Moving files is easy with all the standard features like copy, paste, cut, and move, and File Expert also supports all other standard file manager functions like create, sort, rename, delete, send, details, favorites, create shortcut, and hide. You can also mark your files with user defined tags.
You can share files with File Expert a number of different ways. Choose sharing options like FTP Share, share via Bluetooth, and you can send and share over WiFi. File Expert with Clouds also supports full root access features like some other file manager apps, and you can even view photos via the image viewer, archive files by compressing them into ZIP or decompressing RAR, and manage apps by installing/uninstalling.
Opinion: When it comes to file managers, File Expert with Clouds is fully featured and leaves almost nothing to be desired by the user. It has and can do just about anything anyone could want with a file manager app, and the built in browser is a really nice touch just in case you need to hop on the web and grab a file you might need. The UI is easy to use and even newcomers to file manager apps should have no problem getting familiar with it.
- Speed (5/5) - The app opens up and operates quickly. Anyone using it should find moving around tabs or moving files from one location to another a simple and fast task.
- Features (5/5) - There is so much stuff that File Expert offers that I was honestly blown away. If you need it to do something chances are it can do it with ease.
- Theme (4.5/5) - The UI looks and feels great. With so many colors being used it looks a little less sleek, but it does seem to help distinguish which files are which a little easier.
- Overall (4.5/5) - When it comes to file managers you really can't go wrong with File Expert with Clouds. It seems to have just as much as other top app in its category like EStrongs, Astro and others, and is probably a little easier to use.
- Tons of features that will allow you to do just about anything you need a file manager for.
- Built in browser tab so you don't have to leave the app just to browse the web
- Easy to use interface that even file manager newcomers can become familiar with
- Free to install and use, and easy access to support from the developers via the built in message system
- No option to jump from the Disk Usage Analysis to designated location
- Disk Usage Analysis Doesn't seem to display usage correctly
Conclusion: Despite the couple of drawbacks, File Expert with Clouds is one of the best file manager apps I have ever used. It has tons of features and is easy to use. The devs seem to be very responsive which is great, and I love the built in browser via the browser tab. I was able to do anything with it that I use my other file manager for. If you find yourself in need of such an app, give File Expert with Clouds a shot and be sure to check out their website.