Description: Dress Up Street is a game for Android that offers players the opportunity to play dress up digitally. Clearly a game designed for younger girls out there, Dress Up Street is all about shopping at different stores and trying on different types of clothing. With Dress Up Street, players can choose from a huge range of different clothing like work clothes, summer stuff, wedding dresses and even play around with makeup and hair styles. While Dress Up Street is free to play, there are in-app purchases for more wardrobe space, but you won’t be charged for items of clothing. Read on to see if Dress Up Street might be something your little ones will be interested in.
How it Works: To get Dress Up Street on your smartphone or tablet, you’ll need to download the game from the Play Store. After that, you’re ready to hit the street looking for new outfits.
It’s pretty easy to get around the interface in Dress Up Street, but a handful of handy hints will tell you how to get to what.
The bulk of the game is going from shop-to-shop and trying on different outfits and trying on new things.
Each shop has different things in it, like this shop that focuses on high culture, the sort of thing that you’d find on red carpets, inside shops, you can try on different outfits and just tap the basket icon to add them to your collection.
There are other, more relaxed stores found on the street though, like this summer store with some pretty cool clothes in it.
Fairly quickly however, you will end up filling your closet, if you want to keep on adding more and more you’ll need to pay a small in-app purchase. You can still remove clothes from your closet and add more, but that does get quite finnicky.
Opinion: Of course, Dress Up Street isn’t something that I would end up playing in my spare time however, I can see why young girls would find this a lot of fun. There’s a vast array of different clothing to choose from and the variety is excellent ranging from work outfits, to summer and elegant wedding dresses. The fact that the experience of shopping for clothes is still included is a nice touch and gives a nice sense of realism, even if it is just a small touch. The in-app purchase offering more closet space is annoying, but it’s only small and this will allow for more clothing to be added as your little ones want.
- Speed (4/5) – Dress Up Street run well, and it’s fairly quick to get up and running without a lengthy tutorial or anything.
- Features (4/5) – With a good selection of different types of clothing and a fun shopping experience, there’s a lot on offer in Dress Up Street and we’re sure young girls will enjoy it.
- Theme (4/5) – Graphically, things are good here with lots of colors and the clothes are fairly detailed, but everything is static with very little movement.
- Overall (4/5) – It’s nice to see games like these for girls to enjoy, as we all know that boys have much more to choose from. Overall this is a decent game and one that should keep little ones entertained for some time.
- Works well on both smartphones and tablets.
- Has a great variety of different clothes and stores to shop in.
- Easy for kids to use, with simple touch controls that are easy to grasp.
- Nice and simple game for young girls to play.
- In-app purchase for more closet space does appear quite quickly.
- Won’t really appeal to anyone other than young girls and their parents when playing together.
Conclusion: Dress Up Street is a nice enough game and it’s good to see a game like this available for young girls. In fact, the developer has a huge amount of these games on offer, with Dress Up Street being a nice blend of shopping and well, dressing up. It’s got a great variety of clothes available, and it works well with easy, simple to learn controls. For those looking to spend time with their little girl playing dress up, Dress Up Street is a fun option of Android users.