Description: Device Monitor & Inspector is an Android app that provides quick to access, yet detailed information about your Android smartphone or tablet. Information is broken up into 8 easy to access categories including System & Processes, Storage & Memory, Battery, Apps, Network, Telephony, Device and Software & Firmware. These categories display information like the version of Android you're running, which WiFi network you're connected to, Battery info and things like your IMEI and IMSI. There's also a widget included to keep quick track of important info. Great for developers and power users alike, let's take a closer look at Device Monitor & Inspector.
How it Works: To get started, you'll first need to download Device Monitor & Inspector from the Play Store. If you don't like ads, you can plump for the premium version and avoid them altogether. Once you have you can go ahead and select a category to get some info on your device.
All you need to do is to hit a section from the front screen and you can get access to the info you were looking for.
Each of these categories shows the sort of info you would expect it to show, like battery info giving you temperature and such.
You can even get access to specialized sensors with Device Monitor & Inspector.
Opinion: As someone who often reviews the odd smartphone here and there, it's great to see an app like Device Monitor & Inspector out there, and I honestly wish I would have come across it sooner. Take the Desire 610 on my desk now, I can simply install Device Monitor & Inspector to get all of the pertinent info I need in just a few clicks. More than that though, I can keep an eye on certain apps or games that I might be a little weary of and manage the storage on my 16GB Nexus 5, making sure my app caches don't get too out of hand. It's a handy app to have installed and I'll be using it to quickly check up on my battery and review units in the future.
- Speed (4/5) – Device Monitor & Inspector runs quickly, and I never came across any issues with it.
- Features (5/5) – On the face of it, Device Monitor & Inspector is a fairly simple app, but that's just what something like this needs to be. It gives you unfettered access to stats like app usage, battery info and more with just a few taps here and there.
- Theme (4/5) – With some extra flare, Device Monitor & Inspector would be a better looking app, but it's far from ugly in its current form.
- Overall (4/5) – A great app that stat fans and those looking to keep an eye on their device should always keep installed, Device Monitor & Inspector is well worth giving a go.
- 8 categories divide the masses of info available into easy to use sections.
- No need for root access in order to get to the vast majority of information.
- Works well on smartphones as well as tablets.
- Uses high-resolution displays to great effect by packing lots of info on to one display.
- Could do with a fresh coat of paint.
- While the developer makes no qualms about it being just a monitor, some way to use the info would be good.
Conclusion: A great little app that I'll be using to get a feel for review units in the future, Device Monitor & Inspector is one of those apps that you should keep installed. It offers a lot of information, ranging from battery info to the sort of stuff that your carrier or your insurer might ask you about your device and it's all accessible from one app in a matter of a few taps here and there. If you're worried about your battery, or constantly change devices and need to know that IMEI number quickly, this is something you'll be needing.