Description: COCO.FM is a music streaming app that delivers the best of house music 24 hours a day and 7 days a week for your new source to house music all the time. The music is live broadcast from some of Miami’s top house music venues, provides live streaming from the COCO.FM studios, gives the users a chance to win prizes from give-a-ways and even has promos, downloads and DJ Sets. If you love house music COCO.FM may just be your answer.
How It Works: The first thing you’ll want to do is head to the Play Store and download the COCO.FM music app. From there you can jam out all day to Miamis best house music. The app is also available on iTunes if you have an iOS device you want to throw it on as well.
Since it’s 24/7 streaming, you can literally turn it on and listen to it all day. Just let it play continuously till you decide to turn it off, or set an alarm/sleep timer for the app so that it turns on in the morning and goes off at night(or any time)based on those timers. That makes it easy for the music to begin whenever you start your day.
There are two different music stations to choose from with COCO.FM. Commercial and Underground. The Commercial station provides you with a 24/7 stream of progressive house music, and the Underground station will you have listening to a 24/7 stream of the hottest Techno hits.
You can share what music you’re listening to so others know where you find the best tunes, all easily done through the share button that can be found on the “Playing Now” screen.
You can favorite songs so that you never forget what they are. The favorites list will store your history of favorited songs which you can view at any time, there’s also a share button within the favorites list so you can share the song with others. Sharing the song does not allow them to play it, it only gives them the name of the song and the artist.
The song history list will allow you to go back and view the history of all the songs that have played through either station. The list is a collective so it isn’t separated into Commercial and Underground lists. This is the best way to keep track of every song that has played on both stations unless you favorite every single one.
Opinion: I’m a big lover of most kinds of music including house and techno, so with an app like COCO FM that allows for 24/7 streaming I found it to be enjoyable. The alarm feature is a nice touch as it can allow users to have the app turn off and start playing whenever you’re ready to start listening. Have Techno music from the Underground station wake you up in the mornings and then wind down to the sounds of the progressive house music of the Commercial station at night until you fall asleep. The favorites and share buttons are also great additions, allowing you to always remember the songs you liked best, as well as share the ones you loved with others so they can love them too.
- Speed (4.5/5) – The app opens and closes quickly, and navigating through the different areas of the app seems to move fast as well.
- Features (3.5/5) – The app is clear about what it is. 24/7 music streaming for house and techno music. If you love to listen to this music all day COCO.FM will get the job done.
- Theme (4/5) – The simple dark tones work great for the app and just a splash of color here and there makes it not so boring and the app is well designed.
- Overall (4/5) – If you love house and techno music and want to share that love with others who also enjoy it, COCO FM provides an easy way to do so. The daily live shows is also something to look forward to.
- Easy to use
- Alarm and Sleep timers to set the start and stop times of music
- share buttons for spreading the word on great songs with friends or followers
- well designed
- Limited genre of stations(Progressive House and Techno)
Conclusion: COCO.FM is a great option for anyone that loves House music and is looking for an app that can stream it 24/7 live. Users will find the app easy to navigate and should enjoy the daily live shows as well as the free downloads. The DJ sets should be a highlighted feature that anyone who picks up COCO.FM should look forward to. It’s also easy to contact the apps developers and follow their feeds, with buttons and access right in the slide out panel from within the app.