Description: Tower Rush is a new kind of Tower Defense game for Android, and perhaps one of the few that blends great gameplay with great graphics. Tower Rush brings high-quality 3D graphics to the Tower Defense genre, while also keeping the addictive gameplay style. There are six different towers to play with here, different maps for a good variety and over 40 monster designs with their own sound effects. Each tower has a number of upgrade paths available and overall, Tower Rush is designed to be the high-class Tower Defense game that many have been waiting for. Read on to see how Tower Rush stacks up.
How it Works: Once you have Tower Rush downloaded from the Play Store, you can get started with this tower defense game.
You'll be asked to choose a map to play through, as this is perhaps your first time with the game we'll go ahead and choose the first map, The King's Tomb.
You're given a few pointers to get off your feet as you first start to play the game.
As the monsters flood the map, you'll need to warn them off with your tower defenses and hold them off as best you can.
The 3D engine allows you to zoom in and get nice and close to the action.
Each map has around 9 or so waves of enemies and as you get further into those waves, the enemies get quicker, stronger and have more HP. Each map has different beasts to deal with, the first map has orcs to fight off, the second map has undeads and the third and largest map has human warriors to deal with.
As you might have guessed, the overall aim of the game is to keep these monsters and demons out, so you'll have to be careful to not let something like this happen for instance:
Opinion: I have only played a handful of Tower Defense games over the years, but those I have played have often been somewhat lackluster in the graphics department. With Tower Rush though that wasn't a problem. Everything is nice and detailed with the maps sporting some good lighting and high-res textures. The appearance is definitely much better than other games out there, but that doesn't mean Tower Rush skimps on the gameplay. With over 40 different monsters to beat back, strategy is accessible and easy to get into, while also being fulfilling to those big time strategy fans.
- Speed (4/5) – Tower Rush is a very demanding game and while it ran well for the most part on my devices there were some hiccups here and there.
- Features (4/5) – With all of the right boxes ticked and lots of monsters, towers and a good selection of maps to play through there's a lot on offer here.
- Theme (5/5) – With good-looking maps and lots of detailed 3D monsters and towers with sound effects for everything, this is easily one of the best looking Tower Defense games out there.
- Overall (4/5) – It's a demanding, good-looking tower defense game that anyone can get into and have a lot of fun with. Tower Rush is well worth looking into, especially if you want some 3D to go with that strategy.
- Tower Rush is great for big strategy fans, but casual players as well, making it a fun game for all types of players.
- With over 40 different monsters, six different towers with upgrades and varied maps there's a good deal of content on offer here.
- Great 3D graphics and sound effects for each monster and such really give the game an excellent look and feel.
- Makes good use of the extra processing power found in today's devices and works well on tablets.
- Once you have a good formula laid out, it can become a little repetitive.
- Even on devices with Snapdragon 600 and Snapdragon 800 devices things can become a little sluggish here and there.
Conclusion: Tower Rush is a cool game that has a lot to offer strategy buffs as well as those new to tower defense games. Not only is it a great looking game with some of the best graphics seen in a tower defense game, but it's got a lot of content for players to sink their teeth into as well as that classic tower defense gameplay that players have come to know and love. Looking for something familiar with a freshness to it? Then Tower Rush is what you're looking for, why not give it a go.