Description: Space Garbage is an arcade style game for Android that puts you in control of a spacecraft and then tasks you with the job of keeping it safe as it travels through space. To do this, you need to dodge wave after wave of space garbage that's ended up in space. This involves very subtle adjustments of the throttle heading up and down. If you pay for the small in-app purchase fee you can get a whole variety of powerups to help further your high-score.
How it Works: To start creating your own high-score, you'll need to first download Space Garbage from the Play Store. After you have it downloaded, you can go ahead and get started.
Playing the game is relatively simple, you just need to hit up and down in order to avoid the garbage floating on past (the guitar is a nice touch), but you need to be subtle with the controls as there's a floating gravity effect that will take you off course.
At the end of your run, you're given the opportunity to list your high-score, a neat way of competing with friends or family you share your tablet with.
Once you've paid for the small in-app purchase, you'll be able to use the powerups, like this one with shields. But remember, use these special ship features wisely since each one can only be used once during the game.
Opinion: One of those games that doesn't appear to have much on offer, but then surprises you, Space Garbage is a lot of fun. The graphics are retro cool and the gameplay is subtly difficult and there's very little room for error. Tiny adjustments of the throttle is how you'll get ahead in Space Garbage and getting past level 3 or 4 Was very difficult I found. If you can make it to level 10 you're clearly a more attentive gamer than I. With some cool controls, fun graphics and some interesting music, Space Garbage is easy to get into and just a lot of fun to play.
- Speed (4/5) - Speed isn't everything in Space Garbage as you also need to be subtle with your pacing. As for performance, the game runs well.
- Features (4/5) - It's fairly simple on the face of things, but there's more to it than that and the gameplay is both challenging and addictive.
- Theme (4/5) - A sort of throwback to the golden days of gaming, the graphics aren't the best, but the retro charm, music and sound effects make up for that.
- Overall (4/5) -Space Garbage is a solid and fun affair that it's addictive and challenging.
- Simple, yet challenging gameplay is accessible without being too easy.
- One small in-app purchase adds more fun to the gameplay.
- Nice background music and sound effects help fill in the look and feel.
- Easy to pickup, yet difficult to master.
- Graphics aren't the best, but they do have a nice retro charm to them
- If you don't "get it" right away, it might become a little repetitive.
Conclusion: Space Garbage has some interesting retro graphics that might not be for everyone, but it's got good gameplay and is a lot of fun right from the get go. A challenging game that has an arcade feel to it, Space Garbage is a nice game to relax with and it's still enough of a challenge to remove some hair from your head. If you're looking for something with a different pace to it and a retro sort of charm to it, this won't disappoint.