Description: Dash Bash is a puzzle game for Android that has you matching up sets of Aliens in order to smash them together and stop evil Aliens from getting up to no good. It’s an Arcade style puzzler that will test your memory and your logic skills, too. With colorful and bright graphics being used throughout, it’s a game that should appeal to those of all ages, but be warned – this isn’t as easy as you first think it’s going to be. Dash Bash is certainly a game that will test your mental mettle. The premise of the game is simple, when looking to get rid of Aliens you must make sure that each set of aliens that you attempt to destroy must contain at least two of the same colored Aliens. Remember though, only one Alien is allowed to remain.
How it Works: After downloading Dash Bash from the Play Store, you’re sort of thrown into the action and introduced to the first level of the game.
To quickly take a look at the instructions though, all you need to do is hit the menu button and take a look through.
As you get further into the game, these sets and how to use the other features like the swap and link cutters will become clear to you, but you’ll still need to think long and hard on them.
At the end of each level, you’re given a score on how well you did when playing through that level.
Things get really quite tricky as you get into the later stages however, and the patterns get larger and harder to see at first notice.
Opinion: Dash Bash is a cool arcade style puzzle game and beneath the colorful and fun aesthetics lies a very tricky puzzle game that should offer players of all ages a good challenge that will test their mental strength and logic sills. The game perhaps isn’t explained as well as it could be, but it’s not too difficult to get to grips with, and the help file does have all the information included that you could want. The general premise of Dash Bash is a sort of matching game and it can be pretty difficult indeed thanks to the different attributes like the swaps and link cutters. Definitely a curious puzzle game, Dash Bash is something that had me scratching my head and I relished the challenge.
- Speed (4/5) – Dash Bash ran fine on my tablet and smartphone, with very few hiccups in between.
- Features (5/5) – A nice take on matching games that have been around for a long time, Dash Bash has something unique to offer puzzles players. It’s got its own style of gameplay and it really shows.
- Theme (4/5) – Colorful and bright, the Aliens on show here will lull you into thinking this game is easy, but it’s not and the theme only further adds to the lovely charm of this game.
- Overall (4/5) – While it might not be for everyone – puzzle games aren’t everyone’s cup of tea – Dash Bash is well worth taking a look at if you’re in to puzzlers and you’re looking for something a bit different.
- Lots of levels on offer for players to challenge themselves with.
- Colorful visuals will appeal to younger players and older ones alike.
- A fresh take on matching sets of jewels or icons, but with Aliens makes Dash Bash a fun game.
- Unique gameplay can be quite difficult at times and it really tests our your mental skills.
- An interactive tutorial would better help explain how to play the game.
- Higher-resolution graphics would be nice, but they look good regardless.
Conclusion: Dash Bash is one of those puzzle games that reinvents things just enough to deliver a fresh experience and make things challenging and new to those that might not have played similar titles before. The Aliens are cool, the levels are challenging and everything comes together in a nice, accessible package for all ages and skill levels. It’d be nice if the rules were explained better, but picking up on those rules is part of the challenge and when you get it, it’s a satisfying feeling when you can simply clear a level.