Description: Coooby The Run is a fun racing game for Android from a Japanese app developer and aims to deliver a mix of Mario Kart with platformers like Super Mario Bros. and Sonic, you could think of this as Sonic Racing almost. The game is focused around Coooby, a popular chracter from Tokyo, Japan who likes to race against friends and get up to all sorts of mischief. The aim of the game is to win races by jumping up into shortcuts or sabotaging other people with power ups. Not just a racing game though, Coooby the Run allows you to grow Apple and such in your own garden to get better power ups. Coooby the Run is a crazy cool arcade game that only a Japanese game developer could come up with and that really comes across while you’ll playing it. Take a look at the trailer below for a little more and read on to see if this is your type of game.
How it Works: As with everything, you’ll need to download Coooby the Run from the Play Store and then you’re ready to play.
You have to create a nickname for yourself, so others online can see who they’re racing against.
When racing, the idea is to jump up and get onto shortcuts, or hit the question blocks in order to get more powerful attacks and such.
When you get to the finish line, you’ll be told how well you’ve done and given a position. It can be quite difficult to get first though.
You can grow things in your garden to get a little more enjoyment out of the game as well, which is a real nice touch, and extends the overall gameplay.
Playing online against players is the most fun part about the game and will pair you with players from all over the world.
Opinion: There’s no beating around it, Coooby the Run is a crazy game, built with crazy looking graphics and strange techno music. This is all part of the game’s charm and even though the gameplay is a little lacking, the game is no less fun to play. It’s a shame that the game seems a little buggy as well, but it’s far from unplayable. I had a lot of fun playing Coooby the Run and if you’re the type of person looking for something different, then you will too.
- Speed (4/5) – Coooby runs well, but there are a few hiccups here and there.
- Features (3/5) – Coooby the Run is a sort of strange mix of Mario Kart and generic platformers, alas it seems that the overall crazy charm of the game is the main attraction.
- Theme (4/5) – There’s no denying that this game is made, it looks cool, it sounds cool and it is cool. A little bizarre to get your head around at first, Coooby the Run is a lot of fun to look at and play with, even if the game isn’t that good overall.
- Overall (4/5) – The gameplay needs some attention, but for those looking for something truly differing, this won’t disappoint at all.
- Cool looking graphics charm throughout the game.
- Simple and easy racing game will appeal to a younger and more casual audience.
- There’s more depth to Coooby the Run than you first think.
- Those looking for something offbeat and a little crazy will love this one.
- Gameplay feels a little generic and doesn’t quite come together as it could.
- Can be a little buggy in places.
Conclusion: For those looking for a racing game that’s frankly completely mad, then Coooby the Run won’t disappoint however, the game needs some adjustment as it feels a little buggy and the gameplay doesn’t come together as it should do. Still, the overall experience is charming and should put a smile on players’ faces, even if that’s just because of the crazy cool theme at work.