Description: WODBOX is an Android app that brings Workouts of the Day that you might have seen – or perhaps even use – from the folks at Crossfit to your smartphone. It's got a lot of the favorite WODs included in the app and there are features like the journal to create your own or rate your workout, for performing WODs there's an included timer that will work "for time", TABATA and AMRAP timings. The app is designed with a modern look and feel and is built for those that travel a lot or just want to be able to perform an intense WOD from the comfort of their own home or wherever they might be thanks to the innovative timer included in the app.
How it Works: WODBOX, like all other Android apps, needs to be download from the Play Store first. Once you've done that, you can start to take a look at the menu, which you can pull in from the side at any time to take a look at the app's features.
You can even choose your local box with the WODBOX app.
The Hero WODs are the main draw of the WODBOX app though, and have Crossfit workouts you might know and love, but they're perfect for when you're traveling or staying with family and need to get a workout in but can't make it to the gym.
Using the timer, you can time your chosen WOD, including for TABATA and AMRAP timings.
Opinion: WODBOX is one of those apps that will appeal to a certain type of audience, and to that audience WODBOX already has some great recognition for being one of the best quick-reference apps for WODs available on Android. It's packed to the gills with workouts and you can even adjust them and add comments to your Journal and keep track of your progress with certain WODs or your plan to work on a specific aspect of your fitness. Sure, this is an app built for those already heavily invested in their fitness and that's not a bad thing at all. Most apps these days are aimed at getting beginners into the fray, but WODBOX is a nice app that has a sort of "club feel" to it, and those that are part of that club will love it.
- Speed (4/5) – The app runs great and it's a speedy affair grabbing lots of info without breaking a sweat.
- Features (5/5) – There's a ton of workout apps available for Android, but they're all aimed at beginners, whereas WODBOX is aimed at those that know what they want, and it offers them quick reference wherever, and whenever.
- Theme (4/5) – A modern-designed app, WODBOX looks at home on Android and everything is easy to find and get to. The graphics sure have attitude and will appeal to WOD lovers.
- Overall (4.5/5) – A great option for those that just need some quick reference from a trusted source that won't treat them like a baby, WODBOX is something every built guy should have installed on their Android phone.
- Looks good on Android and has some nice attitude to it.
- Has lots of quality WODs already included in the app with the ability to create your own.
- Journal is a nice way of keeping track of your favorite WODs and how well you did last time.
- Timer is great as it's always with you on your device for workouts on the road or away from your ideal setup.
- Some sort of introduction to beginners would be a nice touch, and a way to grab new users.
- An explanation surround the WOD could help demystify the app to a lot of users.
Conclusion: WODBOX is an app that will be a great companion to a lot of users and those that need to workout often, but don't want to carry books or mess around with clunky websites will really take to the easy layout on offer here. The time has everything that you'd want in a fitness app and fans of the WOD will find a lot to love in the WODBOX app. Something every big fitness addict should have on their phone, the WODBOX app doesn't treat you like a little baby, but if this isn't tough enough for you, then the Pro version is the one for you.