Description: Been Together is an Android app that sets out to do one simple thing; tell you long you have been with your significant other. It does that by asking you for a start date to your relationship and just working out the difference up to today. More than that though, you can program Anniversaries into the app, like your Marriage Anniversary, birth of your first child or whatever you want – the choice is up to you. Been Together also features the ability to change the background of the app to an image of the two of you, as well as a countdown widget for your homescreen, too.
How it Works: First off, you'll need to download Been Together from the Play Store. Once you've done that, you'll need to put in the start date for your relationship, perhaps the day you first met or your first date, something like that.
You'll be introduced into some of the features of the app from there.
From the side menu, you can create anniversaries to keep track of.
There's a widget that works well on most homescreens that's included.
There are all sorts of settings you can change to personalize things to your liking.
Once you have everything set up, you'll end up with something very good-looking for you to share.
Opinion: This is clearly an app for those more sensitive or sentimental when it comes to relationships, and while it's not something I'd personally use, I can see why people would like it. Especially the feature to tell you every 100 days that you've been together, as that'd be great for newlyweds or to mark your first 100 days as parents. Thankfully, the app doesn't care whether you are man and woman, man and man or woman and woman. Instead, Been Together gives you the tools to change your photos, your names and input your own personal anniversaries and milestones you want to keep track of. Is it a little cheesy? Of course it is, but then again what's wrong with that?
- Speed (4/5) – Been Together runs well and there's no issue with loading times or anything like that.
- Features (4/5) – A simple, yet charming idea, Been Together can help you remember your anniversary as well as personal milestones. The widget is a particularly nice touch.
- Theme (4/5) – The app itself might not look like much, but you can change photos and the background image to show off your relationship.
- Overall (4/5) – Been Together won't appeal to everyone, but with the tools on offer, this is a nice app to keep track of important milestones in your life and share them with your partner.
- You can input whatever anniversaries you want and name them whatever you want, too.
- Fully customizable, you can change photos of each other, change the background and more.
- Lots of different settings you can tweak and change to how you like.
- Included widget will help people keep track of upcoming milestones and perhaps show off to friends and family.
- Can feel a little clunky at times.
- Some sort of included live wallpaper would be a nice option.
Conclusion: Been Together might only appeal to those a little more sensitive than most, but it's a nice idea. Even if you just use it purely for reference, Been Together has a lot to offer and certainly won't disappoint when it comes to remembering anniversaries. With the ability to input whatever you want, you can keep track of your children's births, first time you met, marriage and more. It's flexible as well as being simple and easy to use, so there's more on offer here than a simple calculator.