Description: My Talking Pet is an app for Android that will move your pet’s mouth and get them talking back to you. It’s a fun little app that’s designed with pet lovers in mind and you don’t need to be a genius to get your furry friend talking. All you need to do is take a photo of your pet and then adjust the mouth and eyes and you’ll be able to bring that photo to life. When you speak to your pet, then hit the play button, whatever you said will be repeated in a modulated voice. This can be changed in pitch, to reflect scaredy-cats or gruff dogs. Something for the kids and those animal lovers all over the world, is My Talking Pet something for you?
How it Works: You’ll need to download My Talking Pet from the Play Store before you can go any further. While there’s a small upfront fee for the game, this includes some extras to play around with and there are no ads, nor any further in-app purchases to worry about. Once you have the app installed, you’ll need to choose an image of your furry friend, or take one there and then.
Getting a good picture is pretty important, as you’ll have to line things up on the image, like we’re doing on our friend Max here.
After a little wait to get your friend all animated and such, you’ll be able to make him talk.
When you ask your pet to talk back to you, you’ll see his eyes and of course the mouth you created move in line with the speech. It’s hard to show in a screenshot, but it’s a fun effect no less. Speaking of effects, there are some cool overlays included to add a little something extra to the experience.
My favorite effect is the scary one, which can help create your own grumpy cat or grumpy dog.
Opinion: I have two cats and we often take care of a great labrador, so I’m no stranger to pets. I find that my cats – Tigger in particular – have bags of personality, so it’s fun to wonder why they might say to me if they could talk. I do wish there was some more animation involved, but what’s on offer already is pretty impressive for a quick and easy smartphone app. The extras on offer like the scary filter and such are all cool touches and give the app lots of replay potential. After all, we all love pets and sharing images or funny stories with My Talking Pet could become a staple for you, your friends and your family. I was impressed with the level of polish that the app has and overall I had a lot of fun with it.
- Speed (4/5) – My Talking Pet runs quickly, and I didn’t come across any issues when messing around with my furry friends.
- Features (4/5) – Sure, the general premise here is pretty simple, but it still puts a smile on your face and will be great icebreaker with the kids.
- Theme (4/5) – The photo manipulation stuff here is pretty cool and the sound effects are great fun as well. The extras included with the price might be more impressive for little ones, but it’s still nice to them on offer here.
- Overall (4/5) – While it’s not going to be for everyone, there’s a lot of fun to be had with My Talking Pet, especially if you’re an animal lover or have kids. Being able to get your own beloved pal to talk back to you is what will keep people coming back to the app.
- Pitch slider is simple, yet offers a range of different voices to achieve.
- Taking photos of your own pets is used to great effect, and something we’re sure little ones will love.
- You can share images and such to social media, allowing you to connect with friends and family.
- Cool effects add a little something extra to the whole experience and add a new dynamic to your images.
- Some more animation in the animals’ faces would be nice, but as it stands things are already impressive.
- Free version would be good for people to try out, but the small fee gets you some extras and is a well-polished app.
Conclusion: While something like this isn’t for everyone, My Talking Pet has a lot of charm to it and those with pets or kids will definitely find a use for this. A great little app to put a smile on your face, My Talking Pet works well on smartphones as well as tablets, it’s easy to use and is just funny to mess around with. Having to pay for it upfront might put some people off, but this does get you some cool effects and having to never deal with ads or further in-app purchases is a rarity in the majority of games these days. A fun app that will put a smile on your face, My Talking Pet is definitely worth taking a look at.