Description: These days, our smartphones come with powerful and sophisticated cameras that allow us to capture our everyday moments whenever we like. Companies like HTC and Samsung have been including camera effects in their smartphones for a long time now, but Mega Photo has over a hundred different camera effects to choose from. Not only that, but you can also apply interesting frames to your images and take a look at the effects in real time, using a live feed from your camera. Mega Photo allows you to take a shot with the effect displayed fullscreen on top of a live feed from your camera and it works with your front-facing and rear-facing cameras no problem.
How it Works: First of all, you'll need to download Mega Photo from the Play Store. After that, you can see a handful of the effects being previewed in real time.
The dots at the bottom will let you know which page of effects you're on and swiping left or right will allow you to take a look at even more of them.
I like the look of this filter that will give my Minecraft friend here a pixelated face, if you touch on one of the grid icons, the effect will then go fullscreen.
Just hit the center button to take a photo or even record a video and you'll find it in your gallery to take a look at and then share with friends.
There are plenty of different effects out there, so it's well worth taking a look at them all to find your favorite or the funniest one for the memory you're looking to capture.
Opinion: I remember when one of my friends got his first laptop with a webcam in it, we would download programs to get funny special effects out of the camera and have competitions with our friends on who could take the funniest or coolest-looking photo. We all had a lot of fun with that old clunky laptop, but with Mega Photo, you get all the effects you could ever ask for and they work just great on your smartphone. It's easy to take photos with the app and the ability to see all these cool effects live is a real nice touch. Being able to group the effects into categories would be nice, but it'd be a shame to control all this craziness.
- Speed (4/5) - Considering the amount of processing power we're sure Mega Photo uses, there's no sign of any slowdowns or anything like that here and it all works nice and smoothly.
- Features (5/5) - Sure, it's an app to give you cool effects and we have a lot of those, but Mega Photo has so many on offer that there's little need for another app like this.
- Theme (4/5) - The effects are excellent and all look really cool, but the UI could do with a little bit of work as some of the menus are difficult to get to.
- Overall (4/5) - An excellent app that will put a smile on younger users' faces as well as those that refuse to grow up, Mega Photo has all it takes to give you the power to take great photos.
- Lots of effects on offer, over hundred to choose from.
- Live feed from the camera allows quick previewing of different looks and styles.
- Works with front-facing cameras just as well.
- Includes borders for your photos as well as all those effects.
- UI could do with a bit of work as the menu system is a little clunky.
- Categories for the effects would be nice, as the page system takes a while to get to the last page - which could be where your favorite effects are.
Conclusion: Mega Photo is a good-looking app that has hundred of cool photo effects to choose from and will excite younger users as well as those a little older, too. Great for selfies with cool effects, as well as jazzing up landscapes, Mega Photo ticks the right boxes and then some. If we could have a category sorting methods for those effects and a better menu system, this would be a little easier to use, but Mega Photo is a whole bunch of fun, regardless.