Description: Coloring Book for Android is a simple and fun app for kids that allows them to color in pictures from a selection of over 270 images. These images are grouped by category, like people, animals, events and more. Kids can choose from a number of preset colors or select the exact color that they’re looking for, thus allowing them to express their creativity. For those fine details, the zoom function can be used to get those precise details that you’re looking to get just right. A great game for smartphones and tablets alike, Coloring Book is a great app to have for long journeys or getting creative with your little ones. Take a look at the video below for a closer look and read on to see what we make of it.
How it Works: Once you’ve downloaded Coloring Book from the Play Store, a random image is selected for you to color in, giving kids quick access to a picture they probably haven’t seen before right away.
Choosing from a category of the nearly 300 included images is a easy as hitting the folder button to choose what you want to color.
Here, we’re going to choose something from the People category.
After deciding on our Summer Girl, we’ll need to choose some colors, you can either choose from a preset group of colors.
Or you can choose precisely whichever shade you want to use.
When coloring something in, don’t forget that you can easily zoom in using the magnifying glass and a pinch-to-zoom motion.
Once you’ve finished your little project, you can choose to share this over email or whatever and save it to your device as a PNG.
Opinion: Apps that keep kids occupied are great and Coloring Book is nice and simple, all the little ones need to do is to tap on a section and it’s colored in. It’s a great way to give them something to do, without giving them something too difficult to work with. The large variety of nearly 300 images to choose from is great, and should give children lots to choose from, with all of them being grouped into easy to understand categories. I would like for the UI to be a little more up-to-date as this feels like an app designed for a much older version of Android, but it’s no less usable.
- Speed (4/5) – Everything works well in Coloring Book and there’s no waiting around that would frustrate your youngsters.
- Features (4/5) – A basic app, for sure, but Coloring Book ticks all the right boxes and has almost 300 images for kids to choose from.
- Theme (4/5) – The UI feels a little dated, but everything is easy to get around and images to color in take center stage when playing.
- Overall (4/5) – A solid app for keeping little ones preoccupied on long journeys or giving them an early boost with creativity, Coloring Book is something parents and carers should have installed on their Android devices.
- Works well on smartphones as well as tablets.
- Over 270 images to choose from gives kids a wide variety to choose from.
- Advanced color picker as well as simple predefined colors offers flexibility.
- Zoom function allows you to get up and close with small details like clothing and such.
- Ads can be quite distracting on tablets.
- UI does feel a little date, but it definitely works.
Conclusion: Coloring Book might be a simple game, but it has a lot to offer your little ones with almost 300 images of people, animals, cars and more to color in no matter where they are. There’s no internet connection required for this, and images can be emailed or sent to family and friends nice and easily. All the right boxes are ticked with Coloring Book and if there’s one thing we’d change, it’s the slightly dated look and feel of the UI, but this is a minor niggle and one we’re sure your kids, or nieces or nephews will barely notice.