The Samsung Galaxy S5 has been out for a bit now, and we now know how to root the device. Thanks to Chainfire and his Auto-Root method, it’s very easy to root the Samsung Galaxy S5. It does support all the variants as well, just be sure you’ve downloaded the correct file for your variant of the Samsung Galaxy S5. Here’s how we root the Samsung Galaxy S5.
How to Root the Samsung Galaxy S5
- Download the version of CF-Auto-Root for your specific device from the XDA Thread and save it to your desktop.
- Then extract the Zip file that you downloaded by either pressing extract all or using 7-Zip.
- Go to Odin and right click on it. Select the run as administrator option.
- Click the PDA button in Odin and choose the .tar.md5 file also in the CF-Auto-Root extracted folder.
- In the next step, you will turn off your phone.
- Hold down the volume down, power, and home buttons until you see a screen come up.
- Tap the volume up button to continue.
- Now connect the phone to your PC via USB.
- Make sure Re-Partition is NOT checked in Odin, otherwise you’ll run into some issues.
- Click the Start button and wait for it to flash and restart.
- After this step you are all done with flashing.
That’s just how easy it is to root the Samsung Galaxy S5, and start flashing ROMs, using Xposed and so much more.