Description: Zhubis is a dice game for Android that, while similar to other dice games has a twist or to two to it. With many dice games out there to choose from, there’s a chance that Zhubis might be the break from the norm that you’d been waiting for. There are six spaces on the board and for either player to win, they need to have gotten to the sixth space on the board. To get to the first space, they must roll a number one on either of their two dice. Zhubis is an interesting dice game that’s easy to play on either smartphones or tablets. Read on to see how we liked it.
How it Works: First off, you’ll need to download Zhubis from the Play Store before you can start playing, once you have the game downloaded, you’ll also need to create an account, this is needed to be able to play online with others.
Once you’ve got an account all set up, you’ll want to read the instructions carefully as Zhubis cam be a very difficult game to get to grips with at first.
When you’re playing, you shake the cup and then let go to roll the dice. You have two dice to roll, and the aim of the game is to get the lowest number possible at first in order to get onto the board.
You can use a chance to roll again if you like, but this will cost a coupon. Don’t use all of your coupons because you will be eliminated. You can get more coupons with silver or gold coins. Gold coins help you build up your inventory quickly. They can be purchase through in-app purchases if you like.
If, at any time you get a little bit stuck or you end up struggling with the rules, you can bring up the instructions from the menu on the left whenever you like.
Zhubis features the ability to change the look of dice, cups and the game board as well. When you change your dice, cup and board to a matching set, your skills will be enhanced and your ability to roll your number will increase. With this upgrade you will have an advantage over your opponent. In this game doubles can make you or break you. Dubz is rolling doubles for a number that you need which will give you more points, coins and coupons. Trubz is rolling doubles for a number that you don’t need and you will lose coupons.
Opinion: As dice games go, there’s a lot going for Zhubis, it’s easy enough to play – once you can wrap your head around the instructions – and there’s plenty of opportunities to customize the look and feel of the game, making the whole experience feel a little more exciting. The game looks good on smartphones or tablets, but then again you wouldn’t expect much in the way of graphics from a dice game. Regardless, there’s a lot to love about Zhubis as a simple and effective smartphone game for those looking for a change of pace. Those that like dice games should find the subtle changes from the norm in Zhubis appealing, too.
- Speed (4/5) – A speedy game, there’s no waiting around in between games, the only waiting really is to find another opponent online.
- Features (4/5) – Zhubis breaks the mold just a little bit with its subtle changes to the way dice games work, and everything else you’d expect is here along with some nice customization options.
- Theme (4/5) – While there’s never going to be all that much going on in a dice game like this, the game boards look good and the UI is easy to use.
- Overall (4/5) – A solid game all-round, Zhubis is a nice change of pace to those that are looking to try something new, and those that are dice veterans will enjoy the subtle mix up.
- Instructions are easy to follow, if not a little confusing at first.
- Game offers some nice customization by changing the look of dice, cups and more.
- You can play online against other players whenever you like.
- A good game for those that want a change of pace or just enjoy dice games in general.
- Can be quite confusing for those not used to dice games.
- A 3D representation of the board, with 3D dice rolling around would be nice to see.
Conclusion: Zhubis is a fun game that might not be revolutionary or anything like that, but it is a lot of fun once you get used to the rules and how to play. Being able to play online against other human players is a nice touch and while it does take a little time to find another player, it definitely works and it does get you playing online. You can customize the dice, cups and choose from a variety of different gameboards as well. Zhubis is a decent dice game and those that are familiar with dice game will find a lot to love and those new to them will find a nice change of pace.