Description: Real Shooter is an arcade style game that offers a fun, yet somewhat realistic shooting experience on Android. The key parts to shooting – timing and aim – are here and they’re presented in a cool and fun game in which you have to shoot targets in order to score points and move on to the next level. With a good amount of levels on offer as well as 20 achievements to unlock through Google Play Games, you could think of this as Angry Birds for shooters, but much more fun. Take a look at the trailer below and read on to see just how much fun Real Shooter is.
How it Works: As with any Android game, you’ll first need to download Real Shooter from the Play Store. Once done, you’re ready to start playing. Just hi the trophy icon to sign in with Google Play Games.
As soon as you start playing, you’ll be told how to play the game, even though it is pretty simple to begin with.
While the tilt controls are pretty sensitive, this adds to the challenge of the game, and once you get the hang of it it’s not too difficult. The aim of the game is to time your shots carefully and shoot down the targets. You’re awarded points for each target you hit and a star rating is given each time you complete a level. Things start off pretty easy, with targets hanging from the structures swaying gently in the wind.
You unlock achievements as you go and you can attempt a level again if you want to beat your own score.
As you progress through the levels, things can get really tricky indeed, where timing is everything.
Opinion: The timing and speed required to be successful in Real Shooter make it an addictive type of game. It’s difficult to get used to the sensitivity of the tilt controls at first, but you have to keep a steady aim on the range, right? It’s almost like Angry Birds for shooters and it works very well indeed. A great game to play for a quick bit of fun as well as longer sessions, Real Shooter is perhaps better suited for tablets as my thumb often got in the way of my view when shooting, but that’s probably just me as you can tap anywhere you like to shoot. I enjoyed playing through the levels and the fact that the developer has gone to some real lengths to make Google Play Games a part of the experience – rather than an afterthought – through excellent achievements is a nice touch.
- Speed (4/5) – A smooth game, I had no issue with the pacing of the game and it ran just fine on my devices.
- Features (4/5) – Real Shooter offers a nice blend between gamplay and charm, although some extra levels would be nice.
- Theme (4/5) – While nothing amazing, Real Shooter features some good-looking graphics and everything is fluid.
- Overall (4/5) – Bringing a couple of genres together, Real Shooter offers easily accessible fun to shooters or just those looking for a new game.
- Easy enough to get to grips, but still offers a good challenge to players.
- Good integration with Google Play Games.
- Timing and aim – the two most essential things while shooting – are replicated well here.
- A good game for tablets.
- Graphics could be a little better, with more detailed backgrounds.
- More levels are needed for those that are particularly good at the game.
Conclusion: Real Shooter might not blow you away, but it’s certainly not a game to overlook. Bringing an arcade style game to smartphones and tablets, this is a free game that’s easy to pick up and play and offers a decent challenge. It would be nice to see some more levels for those skilled players out there, but there’s a decent helping of challenges on offer here, as well as 20 achievements to hunt down for extra play. A simple and easy game to get to grips with, this is one of the better shooting games to hit Android in a while.