Description: Mistaken is a puzzle game for Android that is a little different from your average puzzle game and requires you to move different pieces around the game board in order to avoid attacks and obstacles. However, what really sets the game apart is the fact that there's roughly 20 hours of gameplay on offer here, as well as some unique and interesting graphics that offer a unique and satisfying feel as you help Driode collect the neccessary pages in order to escape the underworld. Take a look at the trailer below for a taste of what's on offer.
When you first start playing, there are no hints or anything like that, but it's all pretty straightforward, you need to move around the map to collect the page. You can move some obstacles by simply moving into them.
Things start off easy, but as you move from level to level, things can get quite difficult.
As you progress into the later levels, you'll find yourself really thinking about whether or not to take each move that comes into your head.
At the end of each level, you're given a time for how quickly you completed the level, there is a perfect score for each level, which will reward you with five runes if you manage to get it.
Opinion: I enjoyed my time with Mistaken, more so because of the quirky presentation than anything else, as there's not too much to the gameplay. As the game offers so many hours of gameplay, it can take quite some time to get into, which can be a drag, but the levels get very challenging, very quickly, which is good. Overall though, I felt that the puzzle mechanics used here could bring something new to the table, but Mistaken is a lot of fun and it's certainly challenging, that's for sure.
- Speed (4/5) – With no issues running the game, the pacing is good and speed is rewarded if you can complete levels quickly.
- Features (4/5) – It might not reinvent the wheel when it comes to puzzle games like these, but Mistaken has a lot to offer that will keep players hooked for hours on end.
- Theme (5/5) – The graphics look good here on tablets as well as phones and the unique theme helps draw players into this quirky world.
- Overall (4/5) – Mistaken is a good puzzle game, even if there isn't too much new stuff when it comes to the puzzle mechanics, it's quirky and inviting for all ages.
- Simple to get into playing, yet still challenging for those looking for some genuine challenges.
- Lots of levels on offer that all add up to almost 20 hours of gameplay.
- Challenging level designs will make the game very tough as you progress into it, great for puzzle gans.
- Cool and quirky, the look and feel of Mistaken is definitely one of its best selling points.
- No instructions for complete beginners.
- Doesn't change the way puzzlers like these play, just adds difficult level designs.
Conclusion: Mistaken is definitely a game that everyone should take a look at give a go, especially if they want a puzzle game with a little bit more in the way of visual flare. There's no denying the look here is what makes Mistaken so appealing, but there are some challenging levels on offer for those looking for some difficult puzzle action as well. A long lasting game with almost 20 hours of gameplay on offer, Mistaken is a game for all ages that everyone should try out.