Description: Crystalux is a puzzle game for Android that asks you to move hexagonal pieces in order to match crystals together to form a predefined pattern or shape to complete the level. There are 90 levels on offer and a number of mechanics to keep the game interesting and fresh. Graphically, the game looks good on tablets and smartphones and has a cool look to it. Matching the pieces together with the zenlike music in the background is a nice touch and each time you complete a level, the pattern that you've matched often makes a cool-looking shape or symbol. Take a look at the trailer below and read on to see what we thought of it.
How it Works: To start playing, you'll need to first download Cyrstalux from the Play Store. Once done, you can start playing.
When you start playing, you're given hints on how to play the game.
Getting to grips with the controls is pretty straightforward and moving tiles to create shapes or patterns is simple at first.
Before long however, you'll have to create some pretty complex patterns while playing Crystalux.
There are 90 levels to complete as you listen to the zenlike music that plays throughout.
Opinion: Crystalux is a fun puzzle game that's actually quite relaxing to play thanks to the calming music and intriguing appearance. It's a shame that there's only 90 levels on offer, especially as I completed a lot of them quite quickly, but there are more coming in subsequent updates. I thoroughly enjoyed matching the tiles on levels that had a lot of them to deal with but, or the most part I found it a little easy. That's not to say I didn't enjoy my time with the game though, it was relaxing and I didn't find any bizarre control schemes or anything like that getting in my way. The graphics look good and some of the patterns you make over the course of a level will put a smile on your face as you play from level-to-level.
- Speed (4/5) - Crystalux ran fine on a number of devices and the pace is nice and easy to keep up with.
- Features (4/5) - A solid puzzle game, there's a lot to love about Crystalux and those that give it a go will really enjoy it.
- Theme (5/5) - The unique look and feel of the game is what really sells it to me and the whole experience is enjoyable as a result.
- Overall (4/5) - With some more levels on offer (which are coming soon), there's more than enough here to excite the vast majority of puzzle players.
- Easy to get to grips with - a good game for casual gamers looking to play a puzzler.
- Good-looking level design with cool music running throughout.
- Patterns formed at the end of the level will surprise people.
- Works well on tablets.
- More levels needed for skilled players.
- Skilled puzzle players might find it a little easy at first, but it does get quite challenging later on.
Conclusion: Crystalux is a good game if you're looking for something easygoing and simple to get to grips with. It's a shame that there isn't a higher difficulty for those that really know what they're doing when it comes to puzzle games, but it's not exactly a walk in the park either. The cool look and feel of the game will appeal to most players and there are no fiddly controls to get in your way or anything like that. In fact, this is one of the more approachable puzzle games out there, making it a great game for newcomers as well as puzzle fans.