Description: Backgammon GPis a Backgammon game for Android that has six Backgammon type games included; Backgammon (Ð¢Ð°Ð±Ð»Ð°, Tawla), Tapa (Plakoto), Narde, Nackgammon and Gulbara. As well as this, Backgammon GP features six different skins to spice things up as well as three modes of multiplayer. You can play online against friends and random opponents, play locally with two players or even over Bluetooth. Backgammon GP is integrated with Google Play Games and there's more than enough on offer here to keep even the most avid Backgammon fan. Read on to see how Backgammon GP shapes up.
How it Works: Before you can start playing your favorite Backgammon type of game, you'll need to download Backgammon GP from the Play Store. After that, you're ready to play the game, or sign-in to Google Play Services, which you can do quickly with your Google+ account.
To start playing, you can choose from one of the six Backgammon type games.
Once you've chosen the game type you want to play, all you need to do is to change a few things like the dice and checker color if you like and you can start playing. Here, you can also take a look at the game's rules as well, no matter which Backgammon game you choose to play.
In the game, you just abide by the same rules as the Backgammon game you're playing has, like this game of Gulbara I am playing below.
The six skins in the game can make the game feel more fun, like the sand them above, or the dark theme pictured below which will look great on KitKat devices.
Playing online is as easy as playing with the person right there with you, or on the Internet against random opponents.
Opinion: I'm not a big fan of Backgammon games, but that's more to do with the fact that I'm not a great player of the games, and while Backgammon GP doesn't tell you how to play the games, it's great for practice. The six game types will be great for those players of Backgammon that know what they're doing and have been playing the game for a long time, and will offer those new to it a good amount of choice. Being able to change the look and feel of the game is a nice touch and makes for a cool-looking game. Online multiplayer works well and you can even play against the person in the same room as you if you'd prefer. There's a lot on offer for board games fans with Backgammon GP and there's not too much to complain about here.
- Speed (4/5) - Backgammon GP runs smooth and I had no issues with the game.
- Theme (4/5) - The six different themes and dice changes are great and will appeal to people of all ages, with the classic theme a nice touch for traditional players.
- Features (5/5) - All the most-popular versions of Backgammon are here for people to choose from and you can even play online against others, making this one of the most featured Backgammon games out there.
- Overall (4/5) - Backgammon GP is a solid offering not only for those veterans of the game but also those that might be new to Backgammon in general.
- Ads can be gotten rid of, but they're fairly subtle anyway, and they don't get in your way.
- Six types of Backgammon can be played from this one game giving players a good selection to play with.
- Advanced AI is great for practicing against as it can be quite challenging.
- Multiplayer is easy to setup and works great, including integration with Google Play Games.
- 3D dice animation would be a nice touch.
- An interactive learn how to play feature could help teach newcomers pick up this classic board game.
Conclusion: Backgammon GP is a great board game for those looking for a way to play Backgammon on their Android smartphones or tablets and it even integrates with Google Play Games. Playing online with others is easy and the six themes make it one of the more attractive looking board games available on Android and players of board games in general will be able to find something to love about this. It's a free game with the ability to remove ads if you so wish.