Description: WebDrive is an Android application that aims to make it easy for users with different files stored on different cloud services. Regardless of whether or not you have files stored in Google Drive, Dropbox, Amazon S3 or plain old FTP servers, WebDrive brings them all together for easy use. For the security conscious, WebDrive offers secure transfers using SSL, SSH and even TLS. A neat way of bringing all of your Cloud Storage services together, WebDrive is the easiest way to get access to all of your files, no matter where they are or who's hosting them. With the ability to access files over 2GB in size and more, WebDrive is an excellent choice for those always on the move with files all over the place.
How it Works: To access all of your cloud storage accounts, you'll first need to download WebDrive from the Play Store. From there, you'll need to set up your different cloud storage accounts.
Once you've set up your storage accounts, accessing them can be done through the built-in file browser.
Adding any type of supported storage account or file server is pretty easy to do from the settings menu.
Not just for tablets, WebDrive works great on smartphones and allows you to look at documents on the move (with the ability to edit them coming in a free upgrade shortly).
Opinion: As someone who uses both Dropbox and Google Drive as they do different things better than one another, it's nice to be able to get the same UI experience with both through WebDrive. Bizarrely enough, I've never been fond of the Drive app for Android, so WebDrive makes a nice alternative and also lets me bring FTP servers into the mix, too. A good-looking app, the UI in WebDrive is straight forward and easy to use. Giving you the tools you need to get to your information no matter where you have it stored.
- Speed (4/5) – A lot of this depends on your connection, but the app itself is speedy enough.
- Features (4/5) – WebDrive is a great app that lets you bring all your cloud storage together no matter where it is, and it's easy to use with a lot of the features you would want in an app like this.
- Theme (4/5) – With nothing to complain about, WebDrive gives you the same UI and experience no matter which server or service you're connecting to.
- Overall (4/5) – A solid application that continues to get better with each update, WebDrive is a must for those living in the clouds.
- Easy to get to grips with and set up your cloud storage or file servers.
- Gives users the same UI across numerous different cloud serves – like Dropbox and Google Drive.
- No matter where your files are stored, you can access them all through one app.
- Free updates to paid licensees bring new features with them.
- Doesn't have the ability to edit files just yet.
- Different themes for different services or servers would be a good way to help users remember which folder they're using.
Conclusion: WebDrive is a good Android app for those that use more than one cloud storage account or link to corporate file servers. Thanks to the inclusion of SSL and more, it's also secure and can be used on tablets as well as smartphones. It's great to be able to get the same UI experience regardless of what file service you're using, as it makes it easy to remember which icon does what and allows for a streamlined experience. WebDrive might be a little pricey, but bringing all these services together could be priceless if you use a whole bunch of FTP servers as well as Dropbox and Drive.