Description: Scanbot is an Android app that allows you to scan documents simply, in high quality and easily upload them to your cloud accounts. The aim of Scanbot is to be as simple and easy to use, without sacrificing quality. It'll scan documents and turn them into high-quality PDFs similar to 200dpi (or higher) scanners you might find in the office. A slick, quick and simple UI is on hand to making scanning precise, yet accessible to all types of users. It doesn't matter what you're scanning either, Scanbot has great edge detection so, there's no need to be super careful when taking photos of documents. Take a look at the trailer below to see what Scanbot can offer you.
How it Works: To get started scanning, you'll need to download Scanbot from the Play Store. Once you've done that, you'll be given a little info on what Scanbot can do for you.
When you've gone through all of that, you're prompted to take your first scan, to try things out and get used to the process. Right away, I noticed how quick the edge detection was on my Nexus 5.
You can adjust the image once you've taken it a little bit to make sure everything is just as you wanted. From within Scanbot, you can then view your documents as well as choose which cloud storage account you want to upload to.
As this is Android, you can easily share one of your scans from Scanbot to wherever you like, making it really easy to send receipts and such back to the office or to your account all from your smartphone.
Opinion: Scanbot's appeal is not so much in what it can do, but more the way it does that. At its core, Scanbot is just another mobile scanning app (albeit one with excellent quality and edge detection), but the UI design and the simple, easy cloud connection make Scanbot a great app to use. The interface is colorful, slick and fits in with Android brilliantly. A joy to use, Scanbot makes scanning receipts, business cards and more an absolute breeze. Scanning apps on Android have been pretty sophisticated for quite a while now, but none of them have been all that easy to use. Which is why we're glad to see Scanbot make scanning so accessible.
- Speed (4/5) – Scanbot is a quick app that takes very little time to get up and running and files are created speedily.
- Features (4/5) – Scanning to PDFs is nothing really new, but the easy way you can upload to cloud storage is excellent here.
- Theme (5/5) – The UI at work in Scanbot is really great. It looks good, is easy to use and very smooth. All this makes Scanbot an absolute joy to work with.
- Overall (4/5) – A solid scanning app for Android that doesn't reinvent the wheel, but keeps you on the straight and narrow and ticks all the boxes.
- Scanbot is simple and easy to use, without any hassle or complicated know how necessary.
- Colorful UI is a joy to work with and will seem inviting to the vast majority of Android users.
- Great edge detection makes it nice and easy – not to mention quick – to scan whatever you want.
- High quality PDFs are created just from a quick snap thanks to Scanbot.
- Doesn't offer too much besides being able to scan documents.
- Signing documents on the move could be easier.
Conclusion: Scanbot is an excellent way to scan documents and there's no need to be a technical genius or anything like that. The interface is colorful, fast and easy to use while on the move or around the office. The high-quality PDFs look great and there's very little need to correct things as there's excellent edge detection included here. It's a shame that there's no way to fill in forms and such while on the go, but there are always more features coming to the app, so stay tuned. A good app that asks very little upfront and in turn gives a great scanning experience and no ads or hassle, Scanbot is something a lot of users will get a lot of value out of.