Description: Dino Bunker Defense is a tower defense type of game set on an abandoned island where Dinosaurs are alive and out to kill the humans that have been sent to the island to see how well they can survive. There are 120 levels (with more difficulty levels to play after you first finish them) in the game, with six different parts of the island to defend from Dinosaurs and a whole raft of upgrades available for your weapons and your bunkers. With an interesting story and good-looking animations, Dino Bunker Defense is a different type of tower defense that offers something different from other similar games. Take a look at the trailer below for a quick taste.
How it Works: First of all, you'll need to download Dino Bunker Defense from the Play Store before you can start playing, but after that you're good to go.
There's a nice intro when you first open the app as well, which is a nice touch to the game and helps set the scene as well.
When you first start playing, the game will take you through the general controls you'll need to warn off those pesky Dinosaurs.
Wherever you hold on the display is where your weapons will fire, so there's a good amount of control on where you fire, allowing you to form your own strategy while playing. Once you earn gold and chemicals, you can spend them on upgrading your weapons and your bunker, which will better help you defend from the stronger Dinosaurs that you soon end up facing.
You can add coins and chemicals to buy more upgrades through in-app purchases, and each purchase automatically removes ads as well. However, there's no need at all to spend any money in order to complete the game.
Dino Bunker Defense starts off gently, but soon ramps up the difficulty with new Dinosaurs to test your skills.
Opinion: Dino Bunker Defense is a fun tower defense for sure, and yes, the Jurassic Park influence is a nice touch. With fluid animations and a storyline that works its way throughout the whole game, there's a lot on offer for tower defense fans. I'm not too keen on simply playing tower defense games, there needs to be some sort of hook. Here, the ability to aim on the screen is the hook for me, along with all of the upgrades, and tough Dinos to fight off. A nice spin on a genre that has gotten stale a little over the years, Dino Bunker Defense is a welcome change of pace that packs a lot into it.
- Speed (4/5) – Dino Bunker Defense is a speedy app and I had no issues when using it on a number of devices.
- Features (4/5) – With a nice twist on the tower defense genre, Dino Bunker Defense has lots of upgrades and weapons to work with, too.
- Theme (4.5/5) – A good-looking game, with some believable Dino movements, the only thing holding this back is the lack of high-resolution assets.
- Overall (4/5) – This is a quality game that works well, and features a good storyline to bring you into the action.
- Easy to get to grips with, Dino Bunker Defense is a good game for newcomers as well as tower defense fans.
- Lots of upgrades and weapons to choose from makes the game feel fully featured.
- Features good-looking animations and a nice graphical style.
- Doesn't feel as slow or boring as other tower defense games have done in the past.
- Higher-resolution assets would help the game look even better on tablets and high-resolution smartphones.
- Difficulty level can rise quite sharply.
Conclusion: Dino Bunker Defense is a cool game that anyone should give a go if they like the look of it. With the ability to save and load profiles, Dino Bunker Defense becomes a quality game to come back to time and time again. It might be a tower defense game, but it really doesn't feel like it, and has some nice features that casual gamers will like. The storyline is a very nice touch and with 100 levels on offer, Dino Bunker Defense will have enough to keep those that like the game occupied for a long time to come.