Those on Boost Mobile or Virgin Mobile can now get their hands on the ‘Next big thing’ from Samsung. That’s right the Galaxy S5 is now available at both of Sprint’s prepaid carriers, Boost Mobile and Virgin mobile. Now since these are prepaid carriers, you are paying full price for the phone, so it is rather expensive at $599. But your monthly bill will be pretty decent. Boost Mobile’s plans start as low as $40/month and Virgin Mobile at $35/month. Which if you live in an area with great coverage from Sprint, these are pretty decent carriers. However, there is no word on whether either of these devices support Sprint’s Spark network. So far the only device is the LG Volt. Which was announced last week.
Black Friday 2017 Deals: Find Great Deals on Android Smartphones, TV’s, Smart Speakers, Chromebooks and More.
We already reviewed the Samsung Galaxy S5 and we really like the device. Although we didn’t really care for the back of the Galaxy S5 at first, we grew to love it. It’s much better than what the Galaxy S4 had, especially since it’s much less slippery now. The Galaxy S5 features a 5.1-inch 1920×1080 AMOLED display – which is dubbed the best display ever tested by DisplayMate. It also features a Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage with a microSD card slot that supports 128GB, 16MP camera on the back, 2MP on the front, 2800mAh battery and Android 4.4.2. Along with the latest version of Touchwiz, obviously.
For those that are interested, we’ve got the entire press release down below for your convenience.
IRVINE, Calif. & WARREN, N.J. (BUSINESS WIRE), May 19, 2014 – Boost Mobile and Virgin Mobile USA announced today the availability of the stunning and innovative Samsung Galaxy S® 5. Perfect for those with an active and dynamic lifestyle, this device contains premium features and is priced at $599.99, available with Boost and Virgin Mobile’s enhanced 4G LTE1with flexible unlimited2 service options and no long-term contracts.
“As we continue to grow our device line to fit the needs of our customers, our no-contract brands offer a tremendous value for those who love to email, text, IM and take photos,” says Angela Rittgers, vice president-Marketing for Sprint’s Prepaid brands. “Galaxy S 5 focuses on what people want from their phone experience, allowing users to capture every important life moment with no commitment.”
Proving that data-savvy customers don’t have to sacrifice the newest technology or features when choosing a no-contract phone, the Samsung Galaxy S 5 includes:
- Vibrant display: Big, bold 5.1″ full HD Super AMOLED® display, providing richer colors, darker shadows and faster response times.
- High-Quality Camera: 16 megapixel camera with lightning-fast autofocus, allowing users to take shots like a pro.
- S Healthâ„¢: Integrated platform lets users track nutrition, fitness and wellness, and includes the world’s first built-in heart rate monitor in a smartphone3.
- Ultra Power Saving Mode: Reduces Galaxy S 5 functionality to its most important features to conserve power, extending battery life to 24 hours with only 10% battery life left4.
- Music for every taste: Downloading the Milk Music app allows Galaxy S 5 owners to access the newest and freshest music in the industry, all free and curated by DJs and industry pros.
- Smart SwitchTM: Switching to the new Galaxy S 5 has never been simpler or smarter. Smart Switch allows smartphone users to easily transfer existing contacts, photos and media to their new device, even across operating systems5.
- Fingerprint Scanner: Innovative and personal feature allows users to quickly unlock the phone, granting them faster access with the touch of a finger.