This morning, Google+ announced a new update for the Android app. It features a pretty large changelog. Most notable is the new UI which leaked out a few weeks ago. We expected to see this release at Google I/O next month, but it appears that we are seeing it today. And yes we do have a APK available for you to download and install the update right now. For those interested, here's the full changelog:
"1. Auto Awesome Stories now combine your photos, videos and the places you visit into beautiful travelogues. You can read more at http://goo.gl/JGgzil.
2. Auto Awesome Movies are now available on Android, iOS and the web, so lots more people will receive highlight reels of their photos and videos. Here's one example: http://goo.gl/9ljcdj.
3. You can now create animated GIFs and photobooth-style images on demand. Just tap the new plus button in Photos, and select either Motion or Mix.
4. Really big photo libraries are now supported on Android, so you can access your many thousands of photos quickly and easily.
5. You can now browse your entire photo library, as well as your highlights, by date. Just drag the new scroll bar to move forwards or backwards in time.
6. Profiles now display total content views on both Android and the web. (You can choose to show or hide this number via settings.)
7. A new navigation menu makes it easier to switch between your favorite circles and communities, as well as other places in the app.
8. It's a lot easier to share content from your phone or tablet. To give it a try, just tap the new pencil icon at the bottom right of the stream.
9. The app menu now slides away as you move down the stream, letting posts fill the entire screen.
Look for the new app as it rolls out gradually to Google Play (http://goo.gl/ruuHW), and let us know what you think!"
For those interested, we've got the APK down below, and it's quite easy to get the new version of Google+ on your device. Simply, download and install it over your current Google+ app. Just be sure that Unknown Sources is checked in settings.