The Samsung Galaxy S5 is a great device, but there are some that still want to root their device. Which is cool and there’s a method that works for all the Galaxy S5 variants, which is definitely great to see. We’re going to walk you through how to root your Samsung Galaxy S5, and if you have any questions, we’ve got the comments down below to ask questions.
Before we begin
- Power off your device and boot it into download mode
- Flash Philztouch Recovery through ODIN.
- Now make a nandroid backup of your device just in case something goes wrong
- Flash the universal S5 toolkit which is inside the Philztouch Recovery that you downloaded.
- Once you’ve rebooted, be sure to install Busybox from the Play Store.
- And voila! You’re rooted!
It’s actually pretty easy to root the Samsung Galaxy S5, which is great to see. Although the Verizon and AT&T Galaxy S5 variants have locked bootloaders. If you have any issues with rooting your Galaxy S5, feel free to ask questions in the comments below.